• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5.0 EFI, Dakota Digital VSS issues

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
If you want to make it as clean as possible, run 2 sets of wires, when you get it running then we can help with a little more clarity when we have vehicle feedback. Until then it's a WAG on our part. Best I can offer at this point, sorry.

Jim W.

Thanks, I was actually considering doing just that. I realize it's hard to troubleshoot when you don't know if you have a problem yet. I'm just trying to be as informed as I can, I have a bad back and all this wiring under the truck will be a lot more difficult for me later.

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
Don't get snippy, I'm not mad...maybe aggravated. But you have asked basically the same questions a few times. And autometer has giving you about 3 ways to wire this up...do they really know what they are talking about?? DD did not care what signal it got, didn't care how many wires the vss had, but he knew where I needed to make my connections using whatever vss I chose to use.

I'm not snippy I just can't see why if I'm aggravating you that much you would take the time to send me a snippy reply.

As for what your saying about the guy at autometer , I don't know if they know what they are talking about. That is the point I was trying to make. I've talked to two different people and have gotten all sorts of different answers. Hence why I'm so unsure. That's awesome that dd didn't care what kind of signal it got, maybe they are a better company. Autometer sent me a sending unit with 3 wires that doesn't even resemble a ford unit. So I question if it would work with the ford computer.

Frankly I feel safer with your setup. One sensor is easy, two wires go to two wires on ECM, and on yours two wires go to the gauge. I got it. Mine only has a spot for one wire. I'm gonna try to mock wire it up tomorrow and use a drill to see if I can get something to work.

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Good idea on the drill, that should provide some results, good luck with it...and post back your findings