• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5.0 Manifold Spacer

CodeeB

Loc.
Atlanta
I'm thinking of adding a 1 in. Phenolic spacer to my 5.0 with Mustang upper to increase the runner length. Has anyone done this and was there any noticeable Torque gains ? Thanks

OP
OP
CodeeB

CodeeB

Loc.
Atlanta
I'm hoping to add a WH Pro Flow hood , if I can talk my wife into it and shipping is not too bad. Either way I'll check tomorrow.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
I Did it so I could run my original valve covers as much as anything. It also give me enough room to get my big hand up under the upper manifold. Plent of room on a 2" body lift with 302.

Don't know if it helped at all since I never ran it with out one.

65 mustang

dont think you will feel anything different.The dyno saw a 5-7 HP increase.

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
I added 1" to help with the boiling gas issue. It helped for that. I do not use my truck properly enough to notice any torque differences. With filter and breather, I have only 1/4" of room left under the hood.

justinoshea

Contributor
Loc.
Gilbert, AZ
I'm thinking of adding a 1 in. Phenolic spacer to my 5.0 with Mustang upper to increase the runner length. Has anyone done this and was there any noticeable Torque gains ? Thanks

The increase in runner length will allow the motor to make it's peak torque number at a lower RPM. that doesn't necessarily mean it will be a bigger number. A 1" spacer will only move things about 3% or 100rpm.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I added 1" to help with the boiling gas issue. It helped for that. I do not use my truck properly enough to notice any torque differences. With filter and breather, I have only 1/4" of room left under the hood.
\

Boiling gas with EFI?????