• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

68 custom in NM: Build Thread *** Lot's O' Photos***

Fishbone

Loc.
Northern, Illinois
Looks pretty slick Adam.
thumbsup.gif

hopp150

Man, if you started making and selling those consoles i'll bet you could make a killing.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Wow, that really turned out nice. Great detail.
Did you ever get your shifter linkage figured out?

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
thanX all... the engine is being built and after the old one is out I can get in there and build the t-case shifter linkage much easier.

This was a labour of love. I'd like to build a few more in different configs for different shifter setups... but I'm not sure what the final product would cost. I'll look into it as a I have a friend that makes all sorts of carbon fiber things. If I got him a finished plug he could make as many as needed.

I'd like to drive mine before I took on that challenge though ;)

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
That console is really looking good! I was wondering where all of those stainless plates were going to go. Now it all makes sense.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
One more panel to install... this one is so that the console doesn't get chewed up by people's feet in the back seat... trying to decide if I want to have this backlit as well... like my logo on the main console area.

OPINIONS PLEASE:
I have a brand new "Bronco" Script logo for the front quarter panel that I thought might look good on the main panel of the console... cool or too much & leave it be? See photo...;D

I have a SPORT emblem that has had all the red paint removed so it's all chrome... that might be too much though.

Opinions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC01717_WR.jpg
    DSC01717_WR.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0086_WR.jpg
    IMG_0086_WR.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 252

nrramse

I forget - what are you using for the side panels above the wheel wells? A match for that might look good.

Or maybe a peice of diamond plate. I've noticed that stuff hides scuff marks well.

Sorry I didn't get over there last weekend!

Newell

KANE

Loc.
Pembroke, MA.
To say Nice Job is a damn understatement......That's F*cking Awesome!!!!!!

I want the same one....Pay pal waiting!! Actually I'll be the guiney pig and try that one out...LOL

On a serious note, I would definetly want one if you find a way to duplicate yours. Your one hell of a creative bastard...Excellent work!!!!

Mike

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
thanks guys... I really appreciate the compliments. I am looking at making consoles after I get my truck running... stay tuned.

Tasker... you realize that there are several parts in this Bronco that I bought from you on Ebay? It amazes me how in more ways than just a few we are all interconnected ;)

Now if I can just get the rest moving along!

Major tasks coming up:
- install A/C
- remove/replace engine (it's done it just needs to be put in)
- Install disk brakes
- build cable-shift t-case shifter aparatus
- build rear speaker boxes/qtr panel inserts
- put in the gas tanks & plumbing
- install window glass
- build bumpers & rear tire rack (have chromed)
- rebuild axles & pumpkins
- finish out the wiring.

ILikeBond

Any pictures of the console at least mocked up in the truck (i.e., even if you haven't installed it yet, can you just sit it where it goes and show us)?

Looks awesome man. I vote for the laser cut Bronco logo too.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
I'll place the seats, dash and console and shoot a photo tomorrow.

I'm trying to get Nick's project ironed out tonight

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Wow, This is my first time reading this thread. I like to cheat and come in at the end because I have no patience. :) Anyway, this is beyond words. I wish I was half as creative and talented as you are. I am currently re-doing my dash and was really happy with the way it is turning out, and then YOU had to come along and make feel like a no-talent punk. :) Can't wait to see it finished. Keep up the awesomeness. (is that a word?)