• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

68 custom in NM: Build Thread *** Lot's O' Photos***

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i've been watching "livin' the low life" and have some great ideas for you:

have you thought about a chandellier or a waterfall for the interior?

at least a powerized slide out mini bar....

some bright orange crushed valoure captains chairs on swivels would be the bomb..

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
OH GAWD! I do have plans for a secret stash for celebrating... but none of it involves chandeliers or crushed velvet... maybe a crushed lime for a cool Corona on a mountain top somewhere....

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
oh man, you're taking all the fun out of it.
at least cover those sub enclosures in a diamond tuck & roll. ;)

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
It's really a shame orange shag carpet has such high moisture retention qualities . :-[ I'd be all over that otherwise. Astrotuff always looks good in Broncos too. Don't forget the air brush hood murals. ;)

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
orange shag? What are you thinking?!? Much rather have that purple troll doll hair stuff. Far more attractive to the ladies ;)

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
small update: Rethinking the rear sub boxes... here's the start. Got a little free time between muscle relaxers and vicodin to get a little progress on these bad boys. Talk about a geometry nightmare to build a fitted box around the fuel filler cover and the wheel well!

My friend John finally got his garage built so now maybe I can coax him up to grab my old 289 for one of his Mustang-Os and help me with the electrical in my Bronco !:cool: Warmer weather is here finally... so nice to not freeze outside and not sweat to death... this is the perfect weather for building a Bronco!

Back to the grind....;D

Attachments

• johnsgarage_02.jpg
    johnsgarage_02.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 204
  • johnsgarage_01.jpg
    johnsgarage_01.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 123
  • MG_speakerboxDS_04.jpg
    MG_speakerboxDS_04.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 210
  • MG_speakerboxDS_03.jpg
    MG_speakerboxDS_03.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 144
  • MG_speakerboxDS_02.jpg
    MG_speakerboxDS_02.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 133
  • MG_speakerboxDS_01.jpg
    MG_speakerboxDS_01.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 152
OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Found a perfect addition at the U-Pull yesterday... $5

3rd Brake light from a S'uki Sidekick. Bracket should be easy to mess with ;D

Attachments

• IMG_0113_WR.jpg
    IMG_0113_WR.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0114_WR.jpg
    IMG_0114_WR.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0116_WR.jpg
    IMG_0116_WR.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 62

66broncofan

Contributor
kickpanel speakers?

You have inspired me with this project. How are you going to run the speaker wire to the speakers without them showing on the kickplate side or being exposed to the elements on the other side?

Wyflyer... it's a stainless steam table pan that is covered in undercoating and lined with DynaMat covering a 3.25" hole for a set of component Alpine speakers in both kick panels. They are sealed with a gasket and bolted down to the kicker so they're sealed from crud getting kicked up from the front tires.

There isn't much room to put in speakers and I didn't want to cut extra holes in the doors... so I'm mounting them here in the kickers.

The speakers are very low profile so as to miss the E-brake pedal on the drivers side and they are small enough to not interfere with the cowl vent on the passenger's side.

Had to make some space out of essentially wasted space.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
66... there is a grommet through the kick panel in the corner away from the speaker but still inside the pan where the wiring comes in. I put a grommet over the writing so the wire wouldn't be on a sharp edge and have vibration take it's toll. The wiring goes under the carpet on the kicker so it's invisible and back up to the backside behind the dash and then down into the center console where the 5.1 surround amp is.

See attached drawing;D

Might make a little more sense.

Attachments

• kicker_drw0309.jpg
    kicker_drw0309.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 145

66broncofan

Contributor
pictures do help!

Thanks for the drawing- I am not planning on running carpet but would like hide / protect the wires leading to the sepakers. if I figure out a way I'll post back too.

66... there is a grommet through the kick panel in the corner away from the speaker but still inside the pan where the wiring comes in. I put a grommet over the writing so the wire wouldn't be on a sharp edge and have vibration take it's toll. The wiring goes under the carpet on the kicker so it's invisible and back up to the backside behind the dash and then down into the center console where the 5.1 surround amp is.

See attached drawing;D

Might make a little more sense.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
put the grommet hole at the top and run your wire up... it won't be normally visible and will be out of the way... Home Depot and Lowe's have some vinyl conduit for small wire in black and white that you could use to dress it up a bit.

66broncofan

Contributor
That's agreat idea!
put the grommet hole at the top and run your wire up... it won't be normally visible and will be out of the way... Home Depot and Lowe's have some vinyl conduit for small wire in black and white that you could use to dress it up a bit.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
GraficO, you've done it again. I've been beating my head against the wall on how to keep my new bose speakers dry in the doors on my 78 bronco. the steam table pan is a great idea. I used to work in kitchen in high school and handled these pans all day long. Never thought of using them in a vehicle.
Thanks for the drawing and solving a problem for me.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Glad I could help Phred... at least in the doors of a 78 you have a little more maneuvering room!

I lined the inside of each pan with FatMat... so that should take care of the "tinney" sound and focus the good sounds out into the vehicle...