• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

72 Rebuild

AussieBronco

So I have had the bronco in storage for a couple of years as I just haven't had to cash to do anything to it and it hasn't been a reliable rig. I am planning on doing a mild rebuild this June and am wondering what recommendation "bang for your buck" everybody recommends. I am unfortunately very time limited these days and would also be looking for good recommendations for a good bronco mechanic/restorer and body shop in Colorado and ideally the western slopes. Including the body and paint I would like to spend under $15k.
Requirements:
I want my bronco to be capable and go to events like the bronco safari in Moab and do all of the trails in Colorado. It will mainly be used as a daily driver in the summer at low speeds, but would like it to feel stable on the highways.

Starting Point:
I have a 72 with no rust. Minor panal damage
5.0 out of a 93 thunderbird that is strong.
T-Bird wiring harness and computer.
NP435, Dana 20,
ARB in the rear, Hydro brakes.

What I would like to do:
Lift to fit 35" tires
Add front locker
I would like to change my transmission to a 4R70W
Replace original wiring harness and EFI wiring harness
Clean up engine
New Power steering pump
Body work and paint entire truck
New front & rear bumper including tire carrier
Clean up interior
Rebuild diffs & transfer (add twin sticks)

Does anyone have any advice on what sort of lift I should get or any advice on any other modifications that I have mentioned or haven't mentioned. Also any advice on who I should take it to would be greatly appreciated. I will obviously keep this thread updated as I make decisions and move forward. Cheers,
Lindsay

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
You don't really need more than a 3.5" lift and some flares to clear a 35" tire. Good luck with the build. ;D

OP
OP
AussieBronco

AussieBronco

I'll get some pictures this afternoon. It's wedged in a barn for the winter.