• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

73 Bronco T shifter question

malibubronco

I recently bought this 73 original Bronco. A local guy saw the T shifter
and thought it was shorter than stock. Any comments or help? thanks
It does seem shorter than some of the others I have seen. I'm new to
EBs...thanks

Attachments

• broncointerior.jpg
    broncointerior.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I recently bought this 73 original Bronco. A local guy saw the T shifter
and thought it was shorter than stock. Any comments or help? thanks
It does seem shorter than some of the others I have seen. I'm new to
EBs...thanks

Yep short. Does it have a body lift?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Yes very short it should be about the same level as the stereo. Body lift would be the main reason unless someone just decided to cut it down.

Todoubled

shouldnt be due to a body lift. the shift slot in the bezel isnt long enough to allow for full throw of the shifter.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What month was your Bronco built in? Probably a pretty early '73 as most came with the J-shift type setup.
If a later model, then a PO put in a different shifter and/or case anyway, so it wouldn't be too far out of bounds to have shortened the shifter as well.
If it's indeed original, you've got a good combo.
Does it shift well? Can you get it into all positions without running into the end of travel of the plastic cover?

Paul

Jonboy69

My stock 73 had a T shifter too. I think that is the short throw shifter that a lot of the ricers put in their cars these days. Does it also have an 8" exhaust ?