• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

74 Bronco Redoux....The home stretch!

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
You are making some nice progress. Really nice looking bronco! Keep up the good work and keep posting the pics

ZOSO

Jeremy I sent you a PM on CCB.

Looks good. will be nice when your finished.

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I went junk yard diving this weekend looking for some more odds and ends for my project. I found all sorts of good stuff. I got a washer pump reservoir/ radiator overflow from a Ranger that fits like it was designed for the Bronco. I found a wiper delay switch in a 79 F150. I got fittings for my radiator transmission cooler ( Explorer ). I got a High Torque starter from a V8 explorer and i got a a wide brake pedal from another F150 that I ave since modified to work with my Hydroboost that I'm moving over 4" to the former clutch position.

Attachments

• IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0257.jpg
    IMG_0257.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Did some more work on moving the hydroboost over tonight. I made a reinforcement plate for the fire wall and bolted the modified pedal assembly back in. I also clamped the hydroboost inlace and it looks like I'll need to shorten my brake rod a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Got a fair amount done recently. The Hydroboost plate is done, I ended up cutting the original hydroboost plate and grafting it into the new one so I can direct mount it to the new plate so the nut on the back will be on the inside of the firewall. It saves me from having to drill new holes in the firewall and will look cleaner. This weekend I finished up the reworking of my Mustang EFI wiring harness removing all of the emission stuff and relocating some things. I think I removed enough wire to build another wiring harness. Today I tore down my Dana 20 to put in new gaskets and seals, it looked great inside. I think the Transfer case was the only thing I had not completely torn down on this Bronco before. Now I can say I have had every single nut and bolt on this bronco off at one point or another. Tomorrow, I'll get the transfer case painted and married up to the new C4. I need to get the transmission in for a test fit so that I can route my Cooler lines before the engine is back in there. Its going slow but at least its expensive;)

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
1ST Mr. Johnston very nice, I like the shot with the Old school Slots.
2nd not to hijack your post , but Gas Pig nice engine compartment, I am installing the Mustang serp conversion on 74 and was wondering if you ever measured for an electric fan prior to going with the mechanical fan, and are you running a 2.3.4 core radiator? Thanks you can PM if you prefer...Mo in CA

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
1ST Mr. Johnston very nice, I like the shot with the Old school Slots.
2nd not to hijack your post , but Gas Pig nice engine compartment, I am installing the Mustang serp conversion on 74 and was wondering if you ever measured for an electric fan prior to going with the mechanical fan, and are you running a 2.3.4 core radiator? Thanks you can PM if you prefer...Mo in CA

Thanks, I'm not much help on the mustang serp, mine is the explorer setup. I'm pretty sure I have seen the mustang setup used with an electric fan before but I don't know the details of what will fit.

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
One of my least favorite things to do is heft a Dana 20 up and get it installed while laying on my back. I have my engine out so I think it would be easier to install the Transmission and transfer case together as an assembly because I can use my engine hoist on the front and a floor jack in the rear. Is this a good approach or is there something I'm not considering here? It seems like it would be the easiest way to do it working by myself.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Without the engine to hold the front up it might be easier to lift them together.

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Here's a shot of my Viperbuilt C4 married up to the rebuilt D20. I also bolted up my JB Fab Twin Sticks. I still need to cut the flags on the T case for the twin sticks but other than that its ready to go in!

Attachments

• IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 35

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
Well after hours of sanding and chemical persuasion, I have cleaned up the engine bay pretty well. At least all of the oil and grease has been removed so new paint will stick! Now I just have to relocate my hydroboost and I'll be ready to start priming and painting. Progress is slower than I would like but its moving along.

coming together nicely Jeremy

what did you use for to seal the seams and how long did it take to cure ?

I am planning to paint mine this week end but haven't done the seam sealing yet

thanks in advance

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
coming together nicely Jeremy

what did you use for to seal the seams and how long did it take to cure ?

I am planning to paint mine this week end but haven't done the seam sealing yet

thanks in advance

The seam sealer is just a basic Semi flexible product from 3M "All-Around Autobody seam sealer". I picked it up at my PPG dealer in a caulking tube. I need to get one more to seal up the inside of the firewall. I thought it was OK but the sealer that was there is dried up and falling out. It cures up pretty well overnight if you don't lay it down too thick.

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Did a little painting today.

Attachments

• IMG_0349.jpg
    IMG_0349.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0345.jpg
    IMG_0345.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0343.jpg
    IMG_0343.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0341.jpg
    IMG_0341.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Wow. Looks so clean. What's that thing on the left side of the windshield?

Thanks,

If your talking about the round thing you see through the windshield its just a small shop light that I have in there so I can see what I'm doing as I rework my wiring harness. 90% of my Bronco work takes place at night after the kids are in bed so I have several task lights in the garage.

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I wanted to see how the intake was going to look in its new color. I also realized I forgot to fix some damage to the inner fender where a the battery was jumping around and shorting out. Little things like this always bother me later.

Attachments

• IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_0355.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I have been working on getting my wiring squared away and repairing all of the half assed wiring that has been done in the past 38 years. I moved my glove box door over for roll cage clearance and instead of putting the glovebox back in, I will be making a mounting plate that I can put in the glovebox where I can install my ECU, fuel pump shut off, fuse box, and the plug for pulling codes, ANyone done something like this? If so, I would like to see some photos.