• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 bronco questions

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
What does in mean when you have a 77 that never had a dash or holes in the bed for rear seats from the fact? does not even have the holes in the metal to put the dash on so it never had one

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
What does in mean when you have a 77 that never had a dash or holes in the bed for rear seats from the fact? does not even have the holes in the metal to put the dash on so it never had one

Nothing. I've had some of those 77s.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
that was part of the intrigue for me on that bronco. It is bare bones, basic no frills. The only option I found it had was PS visors and wiper motor cover. I imagine there were more optioned broncos built than bare bones models, but that could just be me thinking again...

72_EB

66to77
You could do a Marti report on it and find out what it came with. My '77 came from the factory without a dashpad (no holes drilled - all original). Did have a rear seat though.

blues_cowboy

My 77 was originally purchased by an AG ranch in Irvine Ca. Not even power steering! Built to work in the fields. The rear end was a chopped down F150 because ford ran out of bronco rear ends or so I'm told. No dash pad, no back seat. Did have a dash mounted gun rack for varmints I guess. I doubt it was a factory item....

George
Riverside, CA

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How do you know it was a chopped-down F150 rear end blues_cowboy? All the '77's I know came with the newer style housing, if that's what you mean.
I've always just considered it a running change, rather than having been a modified full-size rear end. Before that, even the older the full-size trucks had the old "banjo" style housings too, so to me it was just a running upgrade for the Broncos, just like the full-size trucks.
I think the full-size trucks got them first, but like you say, maybe Ford still had some of the smaller, Bronco only housings waiting for install so the older style was in production a little longer for the EB.
Typical production thing. Just like full-size trucks got the identical disc brake setups slightly before EB's did too.

Or did you mean something else?

I had also heard that some of the later '76 model EB's got the new style too though. Anybody out there have the later style housing on their '76 by any chance?

Paul

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
some came with a C4 but no power boosted brake MC.
some had the aux tank door inoperable, no aux tank.
many had no dash pads, no screw holes.

All (the ones that I acquired) came with powersteering, front discs and bigger 11" rear drum brakes.

Ratch

Contributor
How do you know it was a chopped-down F150 rear end blues_cowboy? All the '77's I know came with the newer style housing, if that's what you mean.
I've always just considered it a running change, rather than having been a modified full-size rear end. Before that, even the older the full-size trucks had the old "banjo" style housings too, so to me it was just a running upgrade for the Broncos, just like the full-size trucks.
I think the full-size trucks got them first, but like you say, maybe Ford still had some of the smaller, Bronco only housings waiting for install so the older style was in production a little longer for the EB.
Typical production thing. Just like full-size trucks got the identical disc brake setups slightly before EB's did too.

Or did you mean something else?

I had also heard that some of the later '76 model EB's got the new style too though. Anybody out there have the later style housing on their '76 by any chance?

Paul

I just checked mine, it has the old banjo style. Production date is late Febuary, '76.

OP
OP
Y

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
Thanks for the info i am going to live it the way it came from the fact no dash pad and no rear seat