• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A/C questions

fbronco86

Loc.
Houston
I would like to peice a a/c system together for my bronco. I am wondering how a pieced together a/c system will work? Has anyone one tried to peice one together before?

I bought a used underdash blower and evaporator. I have not tested the evaporator out yet. The blower works

I was going to use a 93 mustang compressor since I have a spot on the engine for it.

I was going to steal the parts from my 86 bronco for the dryer/expansion and condensor.

My concern is that the compressor may not be able to move enough volume? I guess you would just have to play with how much freon you use?

pondscum

First, you need to put a system together which all the components used the same gas. The gas to choose is R-134A because of it's availability and it is much less expensive than R-12. If your under dash unit is for R-12 don't panic, you just need to change the orifice tube. You will need high and low pressure switches and probably some line made. If you can get all the lines from the compressor-donor vehicle this will be a big help as the lines have the switches and fittings etc. I'm in Flagstaff Az if you are close I can REALLY help you with this and if you are far away then we should probably talk on the phone and I can scan and email you literature and can make some lines for you at work for the price of the fittings and lines ( not cheap, but less than dropping it off at a shop) let me know. I am set up to receive emails from people on the list.