• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

adding passenger side mirror 1974

Yooper74

i want to add a passenger side mirror. I have not ordered it yet. Are the mounting holes the same as the stock drivers side mirror?

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes. I just installed mine. Both forward holes measure 13 3/8 from the front of the door. Both rear holes are the same distance from the front holes. Both mirrors are interchangeable. Even the remote driver's side mirror has the same position and holes.

tirewater

Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
Reversing without a passenger mirror feels like a 'hope for the best' scenario in regards to curbs, or whatever else may be down there.

Thanks AZ, I may install a passenger mirror on my vehicle.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, nice mod, had Randy do the right mirror add on, really helps that low right blind spot, now I can see the Prius hiding by my right rear tire.

TNcowboy

You should consider using Nutzerts; will be a really good upgrade to the install

OP
OP
Y

Yooper74

Thanks guys.

Being painted now and body guys got the tool to put the nutzerts in so I’m going to ha r him add them

bsquared

Contributor
So the nuts inside the door holding the mirror on are not captured? Looking at the post about the nutzerts makes me think not. I guess I'll pulling my inside cover to work on my mirror.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
skip the useless mirror and add a back up cam. if you must put in the mirror make sure it clears the vent window before you punch the holes.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The factory had some kind of nutcert for the mirrors, but when I went to take them off, they just spun and spun. I had to go from the inside to hold them in order to unscrew the mirror. When it was time to re-install them, I took 1" flat bar, 1/8" thick and 7" long, drilled and tapped them for the screws, and epoxied them in place inside the door. They'll never spin again and I won't have to go into the door to hold anything. Plus it spreads the load across the whole length of the mirror.