• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

After looking back at your Bronco build did you ever wish you had'nt?

OP
OP
zombie66

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
Oh boy, you just struck a nerve there. I can not for the life of me understand why people are removing their fresh air vent. QUOTE]

Here in oregon most of the time we're lucky to see 2 1/2 months of real hot weather. And I'm planning on rigging up a power distribution fuse box under the dash in its place. I can see why you guys down south might need all the fresh air you can get with the heat there.;)

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
I have no regrets at all, it just gets better with time (and money!). In fact, the only regret I have is that I don't have more money to spend on it and make it even bigger/better/faster/taller/more annoying to anyone who "don't understand"!

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Oh boy, you just struck a nerve there. I can not for the life of me understand why people are removing their fresh air vent. I use mine ALL the time. In fact the one reason I will not buy any of the AC conversions on the market is because they invariably remove the passengers side fresh air vent too. I mean, jeez, there's a lot of stale air down in the foot well and having that nice outside air blasting through is a blessing.

Just remember to close it when you are playing in the mud, otherwise you will get a nice flood of mud instead of air. Not that I ended up with mud filled shoes before :-X

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I cant see myself ever doing anything concours, I like to mix it up a bit, of course I have never really gotten my hands on a clean original survivor before either. .

Thats why I don't even bother looking for them. Gimme something previously abused so I can feel good about fixing it , not feel bad about cutting it.

Of course , if I ever found one of them barn finds for CHEEP .... %)

Vragor

Loc.
Colorado Springs
I'm happy with the original mods that I had a "Bronco Savvy" mechanic do. Rebuild engine and trans, power steering, power brakes, shifter to the floor.

Not so happy with the wider rims and tires I let a guy talk me into. My Bronco is uncut and if I fully load it and hit some big bump it rubs on the tires.

I regret the 2nd rebuild that I had a "Good but not Bronco Savvy Mechanic" do after the motor seized 7 years later. Boring to .060 and the motor was gutless and just never ran right. Mechanic never could figure out what was wrong and eventually told me not to come back.

I hope to be happy with the long block I bought and just finished installing.

Other mods I've done

Full Rollcage - Very Happy
Shoulder Restraints in the front - Very Very Happy
Electronic Ignition - Happy
Quadrajet from BC - Very Happy
Hood Power Lift - Very Happy