• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another Bronco project starting- updated 7-30-05 getting close

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
My truck

Andy,
Looking great. Can't wait to come in and take a look at her tonight. Getting closer to finishing every day.

Hanson Enterprises just called and they are completing the installation of the light buckets on my front bumper next week and should be shipping the front and rear the following week. All that will be left is to check fit them and then send them off to the powder coaters.

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
NicksTrix said:
looking good guys. any updates?

:) No updates ! Just a lot of sanding right now. Everything is done except the fiberglass hood. I'll have that done this week and painted next week. I'll be sure to post some pictures. I think it is going to look pretty good ;)

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Update 7-7-05

Just a few pictures so NYBronco knows I'm working on it :) . Sanded the bottom side of hood and installed blocks for hood shock mounts. Primed and painted the underside of hood. Got the tailgate all together but have a couple of little problems... no threads for tailgate handle ! I'll come up with something, some U-nuts or nut-serts.

Last chance to see it with primer on it ! ;D

Attachments

• under side of hood sanded.jpg
    under side of hood sanded.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 52
  • blocks on hood.jpg
    blocks on hood.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 45
  • green under hood.jpg
    green under hood.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 73
  • tailgate.jpg
    tailgate.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 68
  • last look.jpg
    last look.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 65

tejayandtina

Very nice! If I ever come into money (or continue to be distracted from mine)
I know where to go to get mine going!!! Keep up the good work.

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
Progress

Andy,
Looking great. I will be coming in Monday as I mentioned. I need to pick up my bumpers first thing that morning then will be over your way to help get things prepped up in the garage. Anything else you need?

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
NYBronco said:
Andy,
Looking great. I will be coming in Monday as I mentioned. I need to pick up my bumpers first thing that morning then will be over your way to help get things prepped up in the garage. Anything else you need?

Besides a suit case full of money ? ;D . I can't think of anything right now :)

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Got the garage cleaned up. Bronco is sealed with black epoxy primer and READY TO PAINT ! Hood is done too. I am looking into buying a new spray gun and got this loaner from autobody supply to try out. It is a Sata HR2000 and cost is LIST price $865 :eek: :eek: , my cost is $649. :eek: . Damn, I need to raise my prices ;)

Attachments

• bronco black.jpg
    bronco black.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 97
  • hood black.jpg
    hood black.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 71
  • sata spray gun.jpg
    sata spray gun.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 73

4x4Alaska

Loc.
Wasilla, Alaska
and hey, your camera lens is a little cleaner! ;) Can't wait to see that rig in full color. Nice gun too..how does that digital work? you just dial in the psi? does it control fluid too?

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
4x4Alaska said:
and hey, your camera lens is a little cleaner! ;) Can't wait to see that rig in full color. Nice gun too..how does that digital work? you just dial in the psi? does it control fluid too?

It is digital air only but I have not played around with it yet. I used my other spraygun to seal it. As for the camera... It is new too ;D . I bought a Kodak Z7590 with 5 megapixel and 10X zoooooooooooooooooooom !

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
Hey!!!..... a Bronco Rat Rod .......cool. Now for some funky fuzzy dice and yellow wheels and youre ready to cruise. :cool:

((seriously.....looks great))

ps.....do you wet your floors in preparation to paint? what about the walls?
I used plastic and still had overspray even with an HVLP.
...any tips?

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
j.r.nice said:
Hey!!!..... a Bronco Rat Rod .......cool. Now for some funky fuzzy dice and yellow wheels and youre ready to cruise. :cool:

((seriously.....looks great))

ps.....do you wet your floors in preparation to paint? what about the walls?
I used plastic and still had overspray even with an HVLP.
...any tips?

Tips ? I wish I knew. I open the doors and blow the whole garage out one day. Next day I vacuum the floor. I wet the floor before I paint but not the walls. I try my best to blow them off really good. Overspray is cured with a BIG exhaust fan. I was done spraying this and already uncovered the tires when I took the picture. Floor is already trying to dry up and it is very humid today. Painting tomorrow !

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
Suitcase

Well I guess I will be bringing in a suitcase for you this weekend Andy. Everything looks great. Have the new Hanson bumpers with me so hopefully we can check fit them and then off to powdertech they go.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
2badrotties said:
It is a Sata HR2000 and cost is LIST price $865 :eek: :eek: , my cost is $649. :eek: .

Sean shot the green machine with a Sata gun....very nice. worked awesome.

74familyeb

Loc.
norfolk
2bad
How did you strip the grill? I have my grill off and disasembled so I am going to try and strip it and POR it till I get the rest if my eb stripped down. I have a small syphon sandblaster but I know to much heat will distort things. I think I will do my doors also.
thanks and awesome work
josh

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
74familyeb said:
2bad
How did you strip the grill? I have my grill off and disasembled so I am going to try and strip it and POR it till I get the rest if my eb stripped down. I have a small syphon sandblaster but I know to much heat will distort things. I think I will do my doors also.
thanks and awesome work
josh

The grill on these trucks is pretty tough stuff. sandblasting with low pressure is fine. There are so many little bends on the grill it helps to stiffen it up pretty good. As for doors, try paint stripper to get the good majority of it off and sand off the rest. make sure you get EVERY last speck of stripper off or else you have problems. :)

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
2badrotties said:
It is digital air only but I have not played around with it yet. I used my other spraygun to seal it. As for the camera... It is new too ;D . I bought a Kodak Z7590 with 5 megapixel and 10X zoooooooooooooooooooom !
Have you been up to the racino again??? ;D ;D