• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another Bronco project starting- updated 7-30-05 getting close

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
Windshield

Yes, it is a new windshield. I am reluctant to say that it came from JBG since they normally give me quality parts. This time it is not the case. I did however speak to Mark and he was quite understanding and in agreement that this happens. It is hard to find a quality aftermarket frame he says. He also stated it is not a good excuse, but it is the truth. In addition he was willing to offer a credit on my future orders to resolve the situation. I am happy with the outcome, and it got Andy what he needed to keep moving more importantly.

Nybronco-

Anybody want to join in on a wiring party?? I hate wiring! I'm sure it will take every bit of the weekend to complete. Any pointers on the centech kit are appreciated.

taxx

Loc.
Indianapolis
NYBronco said:
Anybody want to join in on a wiring party?? I hate wiring! I'm sure it will take every bit of the weekend to complete. Any pointers on the centech kit are appreciated.

If you were closer I would! The centech is pretty straight forward. There is some soldering involved and there are some wires you won't use. Someone that has done it could probably do it in a day, but your right it will take a good part of the weekend.

Just stock up on some wireloom and heatshrink if you are obsesive compulsive like myself...

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
I got the same frame from JBG and it needed some work. I didn't call them because it wasn't too bad. Just need some grinding to smooth out.

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
NYBronco said:

I am a little far away, and am chasing down an electrical gremlin in another one of my own.
I used a Painless, but 2 tips for wiring that I am glad I did:

1) get some reusable tie wraps to reconstruct and temporarily bundle your runs. After everything is how you like it and it's all nice nd neat you can tie rap it or tape it "permanently". It's makes a very neat job. Mine was so purdy I didnt want to cover it!

2) I like the Weatherpack connectors. Makes junctions nice.

Progress looks great......nice job 2bad!!

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
j.r.nice said:
I am a little far away, and am chasing down an electrical gremlin in another one of my own.
I used a Painless, but 2 tips for wiring that I am glad I did:

1) get some reusable tie wraps to reconstruct and temporarily bundle your runs. After everything is how you like it and it's all nice nd neat you can tie rap it or tape it "permanently". It's makes a very neat job. Mine was so purdy I didnt want to cover it!

2) I like the Weatherpack connectors. Makes junctions nice.

Progress looks great......nice job 2bad!!

Thank you but I'm not going to touch that wiring ;D . I'm not painting it with fireproof paint ;D . Thank goodness all my electrical stuff works with the factory wiring :) . Doesn't look too hard , all of the wires are marked.

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Update 6-2-05

Parts are getting done around here ;D . Edged in the fenders, painted a quick coat on grill and doors so coverage will be easy when it comes time to paint. The tops of the doors were kinda rough and I wanted to see if they look straight enough so I cleared the tops of the doors. They look good :eek: .

Check out the reflection in the grill. It looks like I'm going to have a baby ;D . I don't know if it is the curve of the grill or what but I am not that fat ;D

I'm going to install all of these parts this weekend and get the windshield mounted. Gonna be ready to paint soon :)

Attachments

• grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 137
  • fenders outside.jpg
    fenders outside.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 98
  • doors inside garage.jpg
    doors inside garage.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 81
  • fenders and doors sanded.jpg
    fenders and doors sanded.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 78

71 BRNCO

2bad-
That is beginning to look great. I want you to paint my doors and new hood. Your detail is outstanding!!!!! I am going to PM you at somepoint. Great work and that truck is going to look great when it is complete.
Kyle

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Chip, I got the pieces welded in where the speaker holes were. In the picture there are a lot of little places where there is still paint. They are dents :( but they are all better now :)

Wish I had these pieces a couple of weeks ago before I fixed the outsides of the doors. Gotta worry about banging up the outsides now. We are good to go ! I'll get the insides painted in a day or so.

Attachments

• both doors with bondo.jpg
    both doors with bondo.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 75
  • pass side speaker hole.jpg
    pass side speaker hole.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 64
  • driver door speaker hole.jpg
    driver door speaker hole.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 70
  • speaker hole.jpg
    speaker hole.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 101
OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Update 6-12-05

Things not going too smooth :( . So much heat this past few days my brain is melting. Grill doesn't fit against fender. Mounted fenders and grill with sweat POURING off of every part of my body and then remembered I have NO AIR VENT mounted so all that work for nothing. I want this thing done so bad that my mind has siezed up. I had to turn down two small jobs this past week. I did get the insides of doors in primer and the hinges painted. Windshield frame also painted. It is getting there. :)

Attachments

• gap in grill.jpg
    gap in grill.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 80
  • windshield frame.jpg
    windshield frame.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 63
  • front end.jpg
    front end.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
update 6-16-05 installing some parts

Chip - I got the doors done and insides painted. Installed them along with windshield frame which is painted too. :)

Attachments

• inside of doors.jpg
    inside of doors.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 63
  • rear side of bronco.jpg
    rear side of bronco.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 73
  • bronco from front.jpg
    bronco from front.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 100
OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
taxx said:
Looking great!

Are the panels in the final coat of paint or do they still need more paint?

No, I had some green left after edging the parts so I sprayed a coat on the doors and fenders. I also sprayed a coat of clear on the tops of the doors. I had to do a lot of work on the doors and the tops had about 8 sets of mirror holes that needed welding. I just wanted to see how straight they were going to be. I am sealing everything with black epoxy primer so the green will cover in a couple of coats. This color is pretty transparent.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Andy!

As always, you work amazes!

I will be removing my doors when I get back from Nag's Head. I need to fix the dents/chips/scratches from where my Grandfather fell & damaged the door, as well as I never really did the inside of the doors when I restored the Beast. This will afford me the opportunity to fix the "ugly spots" from where the PO had done horrible Bondo jobs to close off old speaker holes! I will also paint the tube doors I have from classic4x4's too!!!!

Thanks for keeping us all inspired!

Cheers!

Bill

taxx

Loc.
Indianapolis
Thats cool. I was just curious. I know all about the mirror holes and getting them straight ;)

Do you have to rough up that paint before you spray over it? If so how much.

Thanks.