• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another Bronco project starting- updated 7-30-05 getting close

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
That looks fantastic 2-Bad. Keep the pics coming. What is the green from? Looks really nice.

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
trailpsycho said:
That looks fantastic 2-Bad. Keep the pics coming. What is the green from? Looks really nice.

The green is a Jaguar color called racing green. Pretty nice color with a lot of gold pearl in it. It also has flop adjuster in it so it kinda changes colors. It should look really good in natural light or SUN :)

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Just adding a couple of pics. I'm going to start working on this again. Member plothead was looking for info on quarter panel install so I brought this back to top. Check out how nice that used quarter panel look with bedliner on it. :)

Attachments

• doors with skins.jpg
    doors with skins.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 85
  • sandblasted grill.jpg
    sandblasted grill.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 90
  • inside rear quarter with bedliner.jpg
    inside rear quarter with bedliner.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 225

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
2badrotties said:
Just adding a couple of pics. I'm going to start working on this again. Member plothead was looking for info on quarter panel install so I brought this back to top. Check out how nice that used quarter panel look with bedliner on it. :)

That looks great, nice work, if I were nearby we'd celebrate with all you can eat wings at hOOters 2nite!
What bedliner is that? ...and did you spray?
EDIT: nevermind, just went back to the last picture post.
thanks
J. R.

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Guys, I sprayed the front end with SEM tintable bedliner so we could put the body back on the frame. The inside is linex and it looks really nice.

Attachments

• chip and his linex job.jpg
    chip and his linex job.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 153
  • linex on tub.jpg
    linex on tub.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 128
  • inside of tub with linex.jpg
    inside of tub with linex.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 144
OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
update 5-11-05

Been a while since I updated this thread. I have been stuck here without parts. This thing is really starting to drag on. I did some body work last week on the quarter panels. Quarter panels were kinda rough but not too bad. A lot of the dents / low spots were holes I welded shut, old bodywork and some warpage from sandblasting in the past. There is not a lot of filler on this. I choose to do all of my work with filler and use little primer and no spot putty of any type. Most of what you see is 1/16th inch or less. Grill is done, ready to sand and paint. Quarter panels are coming along and now have primer on them. Tailgate is new. I sanded it, sprayed some etching primer on it, and a couple of coats of sandable primer. I'm going to have fenders and doors pretty soon.

Attachments

• tailgate primed.jpg
    tailgate primed.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 81
  • quarter panel with primer.jpg
    quarter panel with primer.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 78
  • left quarter close up.jpg
    left quarter close up.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 73
  • left quarter panel.jpg
    left quarter panel.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 78
  • dents pulled out of lower quarter.jpg
    dents pulled out of lower quarter.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 82
  • pins on dents.jpg
    pins on dents.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 111
  • grill with primer.jpg
    grill with primer.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 49
  • sandblasted grill.jpg
    sandblasted grill.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
back end ready to paint

My camera needs replacing. All my pictures are starting to suck.

Worked on the quarterpanels, rockers, tailgate, and painted the door jambs.

Pictures are as follows. 1- sanded the primered quarterpanels and did all of my seam sealer work. 2- reprime the quarters . They are ready for a light sanding and they are all set to paint. Both quarters came out nice. 3- painted the door jambs and inside of tailgate, sanded and painted the dash

Attachments

• dash painted.jpg
    dash painted.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 88
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 56
  • door jambs painted.jpg
    door jambs painted.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 71
  • right quarter panel done.jpg
    right quarter panel done.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 43
  • right quarter panel with seam sealer.jpg
    right quarter panel with seam sealer.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 61
  • left quarter done.jpg
    left quarter done.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 46
  • left quarter panel with seam seler.jpg
    left quarter panel with seam seler.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
tejayandtina said:
Not going to paint the tub and all the other parts off the truck?

No, this is a paint it all at once job. Too many things can go wrong on a color like this. This green has three different pearls and flop adjuster in it. Trying to paint it all apart may or may not be a problem, I'm not taking any chances.

jate

Loc.
Salt Lake City
Looks like you are doing quality work. What is the expected completion date and what all are you doing? What do you do for a living? How do you charge for a project like this?

Keep the pics coming, we all find them inspiring.

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
My Bronco

As usual Andy is doing a great job. I love seeing this project get closer and closer to completion. Just a comment as far as how long. Andy could have been done a long time ago for sure if it wasn't for the fact that I was holding him up on some parts. I am currently on my way back from Dennis carpenter with my fresh fenders. This along with my doors comig in from CA and a new windshield frame from JBG should have Andy wrapped up for the next couple of days. I'm sure he is anxious to finish this one up.

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Oh my, For once the body guy didn't get blamed for not getting it done ;D .

I may be able to have this painted and buffed by the end of the month. If we slow down at work I can take a couple days off and get something done if I spend the time out there working on it. The fenders are going to be new so they should go pretty fast. I have not seen the doors yet. The quarterpanels were the big part of this job and they are done. :)

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
update 5-23-05

Finally got some parts. Two nice rust free doors came from California. Doors have a few dents, a little shipping damage, and some previous bodywork but they are RUST FREE ! I had to do a little welding where the molding holes used to be and there were about six sets of holes for mirrors. Stripped them, fixed them, epoxy primer and K36 sandable primer sprayed on them. FENDERS - Brand new. I got to cut them ;D and fix just a couple of dings on them. Epoxy primer and K36 primer sprayed on them also.

NYBronco has been coming over on weekends and doing a little work under the hood. He is getting something done under there. Working on brakes and wiring right now. It is starting to look like a Bronco again. I'll have doors and fenders on in a couple of days. :)

DYLAN got so tired watching me work today he had to take a nap ;D

Attachments

• dylan sleeping.jpg
    dylan sleeping.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 114
  • under hood.jpg
    under hood.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 132
  • doors and fenders with primer.jpg
    doors and fenders with primer.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 93
  • new fenders cut.jpg
    new fenders cut.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 100
  • working on doors.jpg
    working on doors.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
More minor problems

Problems - Windshield frame is pretty piss poor. Welded together wrong, hinge falling off, not too good :( . I fixed it up pretty well but that should have been made a lot better than that. Pics as follows - I can stick a rather large screwdriver between the frame and hinge on both ends ( nearest weld is about 6 inches in from edge ). The entire side is welded together wrong. One side is welded at a angle. Look at the straight edge and look at the end of windshield frame. All of the welds are very rough and need grinding and body work.

A factory frame isn't real good from the factory but this is just a little too crude. I will not tell you where it was purchased. If NYBronco wants to post that info that is fine. Might save someone else some work in the future :)

Attachments

• screwdriver.jpg
    screwdriver.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 112
  • bad corner.jpg
    bad corner.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 104
  • piss poor job.jpg
    piss poor job.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 97
  • driver side.jpg
    driver side.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 99
  • pass side.jpg
    pass side.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 87

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
2badrotties said:
Problems - Windshield frame is pretty piss poor. Welded together wrong, hinge falling off, not too good :( . I fixed it up pretty well but that should have been made a lot better than that. Pics as follows - I can stick a rather large screwdriver between the frame and hinge on both ends ( nearest weld is about 6 inches in from edge ). The entire side is welded together wrong. One side is welded at a angle. Look at the straight edge and look at the end of windshield frame. All of the welds are very rough and need grinding and body work.

A factory frame isn't real good from the factory but this is just a little too crude. I will not tell you where it was purchased. If NYBronco wants to post that info that is fine. Might save someone else some work in the future :)

OMG! That friggin' sucks man! Can you PM me who you bought from? I won't splatter...just in the market for one for the 76'...that's a load.