• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another efi quesion or two

slyjki

Loc.
okc ok
Why do like the f250s have two fuel pumps and is there some fuel line I can buy that is not so expensive but is quality, and where did you guys mount the computer and new fuse box for the efi

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
[quote author=slyjki link=board=5;threadid=12539;start=0#93529 date=1040532129]<br>Why do like the f250s have two fuel pumps and is there some fuel line I can buy that is not so expensive but is quality, and where did you guys mount the computer and new fuse box for the efi<br>[/quote]I believe there was a supply pump in the tank that fed fuel to the EFI pump. I put a pump after the tank valve that feeds my efi pump and it works well. I used Chucks accumulator tank. There is no such thing as cheap EFI hose. I removed the drivers air vent and put my computer ther but I believe that location only works if you use an LTD wire harness otherwise the glove box. There was no need for a new fues box?

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I put my computer there too and sold my vent box to someone on this site ! The mustang computers were on the passenger side and you can mount them on top of the heater behind the glove box .

Explore74

Loc.
Lubbock, TX
one is a supply pump, and the other is the pusher pump. The pusher is the work horse, and the supply just keeps plenty of fuel available so that you don't cavitate the pusher. I have heard of the Ford pusher having trouble pulling fuel from the tank when the temp gets up there. There is a Napa unit that I have heard does real well by itself though. Someone else I'm sure can help with a PN. EFI is still a dream for me.

OP
OP
slyjki

slyjki

Loc.
okc ok
Thanks for the info, ithink i can put mine there is seams the smart thing to do but if it will fit on top of the heater that would be better, i have a new fuse box because i didnt think I was mech inclined to use the mustang harness and spent to much money on a painless harness but let me tell you it was easy and i was able to do it myself, couldnt aford it but me makes me feel better to do it myself, but it will fit in the glove box next to the other on thanks jason.

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I've got the Napa pump on mine and I will get you the part number on monday ;) It just so happens that I found the box for it today, with the part # , and the pump itself doesn't have any part #'s on it .

cobranco

Loc.
Zeeland,MI
You can mount the computer between the air box and the kick panel on the drivers' side. There's just enough room. Thats what I did in mine anyways. Just remove the first plate on the computer bracket (to make it smaller), cut a hole in the firewall and bolt it up.

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
[quote author=cobranco link=board=5;threadid=12539;start=0#93795 date=1040670289]<br>You can mount the computer between the air box and the kick panel on the drivers' side. There's just enough room. Thats what I did in mine anyways. Just remove the first plate on the computer bracket (to make it smaller), cut a hole in the firewall and bolt it up.<br>[/quote]I saw that when i was under your hood! Looks good! Wasnt your e-brake braket in the way?

cobranco

Loc.
Zeeland,MI
[quote author=rulebreaker link=board=5;threadid=12539;start=0#93847 date=1040685002]<br>[quote author=cobranco link=board=5;threadid=12539;start=0#93795 date=1040670289]<br>You can mount the computer between the air box and the kick panel on the drivers' side. There's just enough room. Thats what I did in mine anyways. Just remove the first plate on the computer bracket (to make it smaller), cut a hole in the firewall and bolt it up.<br>[/quote]I saw that when i was under your hood! Looks good! Wasnt your e-brake braket in the way?<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Chad, you are correct. I forgot that I removed the e-brake when I went to 4 wheel disc.

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
[quote author=cobranco link=board=5;threadid=12539;start=0#93854 date=1040686432]<br>[quote author=rulebreaker link=board=5;threadid=12539;start=0#93847 date=1040685002]<br>[quote author=cobranco link=board=5;threadid=12539;start=0#93795 date=1040670289]<br>You can mount the computer between the air box and the kick panel on the drivers' side. There's just enough room. Thats what I did in mine anyways. Just remove the first plate on the computer bracket (to make it smaller), cut a hole in the firewall and bolt it up.<br>[/quote]I saw that when i was under your hood! Looks good! Wasnt your e-brake braket in the way?<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Chad, you are correct. I forgot that I removed the e-brake when I went to 4 wheel disc.<br>[/quote] ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) Got to love a cheap post!

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
[quote author=howiebilt link=board=5;threadid=12539;start=0#93544 date=1040537659]<br>I put my computer there too and sold my vent box to someone on this site ! The mustang computers were on the passenger side and you can mount them on top of the heater behind the glove box .<br>[/quote]<br>I am the one that got the vent box from Howie.<br>Thanks again!