• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any EB Theft Deterrents??

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I recently removed the hard top from my EB and installed a bikini top. I think it's the hottest thing on the road and people stare as I'm driving down the road.

So, my question is: Do any of you have any cheap, inexpensive theft deterrents for the EBs? Especially, when your EB is topless!!

--BRONCOchild:eek:

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Battery disconnect in a hidden spot is about the best thing you can do. On a muscle car years ago (convertible) I also installed a Grant steering wheel and their key lock wheel removal kit. If you can't start and there's no steering wheel it's impossible to steal without a wrecker or trailer.

70_Steve

Old Guy
I have a hidden switch for my electric fuel pump. Also a bar that locks the brake pedal and steering wheel together.

instigator

along with the aforementioned ideas hood locks,and a chain or cable running through the steering wheel to the break pedal.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
My EB lives outside (thanks to Katrina). So I have (and am installing) multiple theft options.

1. Hella battery disconnect on the negative side of the battery. It's hidden and very hard to find or diagnose.
2. Wire going from the coil to a switch to ground. (kill switch mounted in the tray of the tuffy console)
3. Switch that kills the fuel pump (in tuffy console)
4. Switch that connects the horn to the brake light. (press the brake pedal, and the hidden 139db horn blasts) - it scares the crap out of people.
5. WOLO hood lock.
6. My new fuel tank selector switch is plumbed weird (straight up is main tank, large end towards door is aux. tank, large end towards the transmission is off). So, I do the usual "put it in the off position" when I leave.

7. Later this year I'll get a grant removable steering wheel

and maybe put an electric current into the seat. :p

Last edited:

Kidney

A whole lot of rust, a three speed and a dead hooker in the back.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How about a Denver Boot? All these hidden switches don't do squat if it gets towed away. A boot and a motion detector would be quite effective. And they even come in Bronco Orange!

Attachments

• explorerboot[1].jpg
    explorerboot[1].jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 42

taxx

Loc.
Indianapolis
A .40 caliber XD ;D

Mine is never parked outside topless and doorless unless I drove it somewhere and I am not that far away from it.

I would just put a kill switch somewhere for the fuel supply or for the battery supply. Hide it under the dash or something. Real easy to do if your running an electric fuel pump.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
ObscureMachine: Great ideas but do you really want to post where your switches are on the internet? Thieves use these forums to educate themselves on how to steal your rig!

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
ObscureMachine: Great ideas but do you really want to post where your switches are on the internet? Thieves use these forums to educate themselves on how to steal your rig!

Heuss33: I understand what you're saying, and I agree. But,

1. I have a few other tricks that I didn't mention.
2. The switches have to be flipped in a certain pattern to work or be turned off.
3. Where I live, I'm not easy to find.
4. That's why I have a lot of insurance! :p
5. German Shepherd.

;D ;D ;D ;D

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
Here's my current anti-theft device (along with a batter disconnect switch);D

Attachments

• anti-theft device.jpg
    anti-theft device.jpg