• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any good alternative to JB Graveyard for parts?

dnp

Loc.
Jackson, MS
I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a good alternative to Jeff's Bronco Graveyard for parts? They seem to have more "horizontal" inventory than most, at least when it comes to original-style parts, but dealing with them it a complete PITA!!! Everytime I call to order a part, they act like I am TOTALLY bothering them - they have short, smart-ass remarks to most things I say, and in general, act like a bunch of A***oles!<br><br>Since customers seem to be more of an irritation to them than the merely the lifeblood of their business, I'm just wondering if anyone else has found a more customer-friendly source for original-style restoration parts? (for instance, they're the only folks I've seen that have factory-style sport door panels - in both woodgrain and silver mylar finishes. Does any one else carry those, and other similar parts?<br><br>The way I look at it, I'd rather spend my multiple-thousand restoration dollars with someone who wants and appreciates the business....that's not at all to say I'm looking for someone to kiss up to me. I'm just looking for someone who wants to be helpful and pleasant to deal with...........from hearing other folks talk, I'm apparently not alone in my assessment of JBG salesmen....<br><br>Any suggestions?<br><br>Cliff

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
what kind of parts are you looking for? tom's bronco<br>parts out of medford OR. is good, I have done bus. with them off and on for over 15yrs.

NCSUWoj

Contributor
Loc.
Lynchburg, VA
I know how ya feel cliff, been there done that with them many times. Have you tried Toms Bronco parts or even AutoKrafters, they have mostly restore parts where as most bronco houses have more upgrade parts like suspension lifts and more custom stuff. As far as restore parts i would go with auto krafters or even Dennis Carpenter. Auto Krafters website is www.autokrafters.com and Dennis Carpenters site is www.Dennis-Carpenter.com. I have ordered parts from both of them and have been very happy with the stuff i have recieved. Hope this helps.

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
after re-reading your post here is a suggestion...<br>when dealing with rude sales people get their name.<br>I am sure the owner would love to hear what you have to say about the people who are representing HIS<br>company. document it (time, day) and what was said.<br>

Draper69

Loc.
Oroville Ca.
Yeah whoever took the order for the parts is really putting a black mark on the company. One guy doesnt really matter but when you get all of us listening to you thats alot of people who own broncos and know others that own broncos that wont be shopping there. Is this the same guy or is it everyone that works there?

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
Here are just a few web sites that sell 66-77 Bronco parts.<br><br>bcbroncos.com<br>jamesduff.com<br>wildhorses4x4.com<br>tomsbroncoparts.com<br><br>This is obviously a very short list but worth looking into for parts you need.

G

I've had the same experience with JBG. I've had good experiences with James Duff, BC Broncos and Wild Horses.

OP
OP
D

dnp

Loc.
Jackson, MS
[quote author=Draper69 link=board=5;threadid=8581;start=0#61182 date=1030744703]<br>Yeah whoever took the order for the parts is really putting a black mark on the company. One guy doesnt really matter but when you get all of us listening to you thats alot of people who own broncos and know others that own broncos that wont be shopping there. Is this the same guy or is it everyone that works there? <br>[/quote]<br><br>Amen, brother! As I said in my original post, most people don't look for places to kiss their a**. All you want is cordial (or just non-smart a**) service. Every time I've called JBG (I don't know, or care, if it's the same guy), I feel like they're constantly trying to get me off the phone so they can go back to whatever they were doing, and the way they do it is to rush up and give smart aleck remarks. Now, in the last sales course I took in college, I don't recall trying to get the customer off of the phone as being the ultimate goal in sales!<br><br>In any event, I'm really not wanting to bash JBG. It's just a shame that I've had such a consistently bad experience...........and the worst part is: they've got the parts I want! Maybe, as Draper69 said, our group can have some influence on "helping" to change their attitude(s)!<br><br>Thanks for the remarks so far. I'll be sure to check out Tom's, AutoKrafters, Dennis Carpenter, etc.......If you think of any more, please let me know (especially those who sell a variety of factory-style interior parts, because that's the "phase" I'm in right now)<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Cliff

Jeep Slayer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wildomar California
I myself have had good dealings with JBG, Mabe I got lucky a bunch of times They seem to have a better range of parts the most other places and there prices are lower and I guess maybe I just put up with it for the deal, But Toms is very good also for stock parts and for after market it is BC Broncos all the way they go above and beyond on service

BucknBronco

Loc.
Clearwater, Kansas
I have never had a problem dealing with the Graveyard. I have talked directly with Jeff (he answered my call) and other Graveyard staff, and they have always been professional, very helpful and easy to deal with, plus offer fast service. <br><br>I have bought all my sheet metal parts from the Graveyard, and I highly recommend them.

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
Yeah, they can be pricks, I let 'em know who the h*ll I was and how many EB's I've owned, though, and they act a little differently. Being in the South, they're the closest, those places out West can tear you're arse up on shipping! I've thought about putting an EB place here in the South, dunno how it would do??

wades76

Loc.
Monroe, GA
I have ordered a lot of parts from Jeff's and never had a problem even when I ordered the wrong parts they sent the right one as soon as I called them. But I do lot of my ordering online and I've only delt with them on the phone a couple of times but they were always nice, maybe you just got the one asshole that works there everyone has one. But I wouldn't write them off they sell good stuff for a decent price and they always have whatever I've needed. just my .02 sorry you had a bad experience.

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
i`ve never had a problem with them? and i`ve ordered most of the parts on my rig from them. sometimes they even remember who i am. ;D probably just caught the guy having a bad day as we all do sometimes? :p i`m out on the west coast and their parts are always cheaper even with shipping. ;)

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
Im with sicaz, last year i needed a part for my door in 2 days on the west coast, it showed up and was still cheaper than going elsewhere. You should try them again, if it happens 2 times, then theres a problem.

ford67bronco

Loc.
Wisconsin
use one of the internet search engines like google. com, just type 66-77 bronco parts, hit search and it'll give you a sh*tload of EB sites to check.

alsroadster

Loc.
Sandia Park, NM
I've only called there twice. The first time I asked for Jeff as I was told to by someone who knew him and treated in a professional manner. The second time they put me on hold so long I hung up and I'll hold for quite a while. But I'm not going to write them off yet.