• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone have issues with BC Broncos order?

Jeepers304

Loc.
Henderson,LA
Placed an order with BC over a week ago, 3 days go by no email of tracking # etc. I email site asking if it was shipped etc and if there was a tracking # , No Response. Call today after the brown truck delivers something else to me annnndddd no parts so I call. Orders not pulled , or anything, it was already paid for obviously at time of order. No effort to make it "right" by "them" just curious If anyone else has had issues with them. My first time using them as Ive used competitors with no issues. I ordered the part with plenty of lead time so there was no need to "rush" it to me. Now over a week later no parts, I have to wait at least two more days for the part. :eek:

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Not making excuses here but.....they truly are a small family business.
Chuck's daughter Roxanne likely took your call while his son Jason is working on the next BC exclusive eb part in the shop. Chuck has apparently retired or atleast has a far less active roll in the day to day activities at the shop/store.

I wish they had made you feel better about the transaction.
They're nice folks.

Tram

Bronco Guru
Not making excuses here but.....they truly are a small family business.
Chuck's daughter Roxanne likely took your call while his son Jason is working on the next BC exclusive eb part in the shop. Chuck has apparently retired or atleast has a far less active roll in the day to day activities at the shop/store.

I wish they had made you feel better about the transaction.
They're nice folks.

Looks like his family is letting the ball slip.

I run a "truly small family business" and this wouldn't slide with me.

I've found, simply answering the communications can keep customers on the "I'll be back" side of the fence.

I'll avoid BC and keep deferring to WH and Duff.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
Not vendor bashing! - Here on the West coast it takes about 10 days to get something from BCs - if it's not on back order.
SHX

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Did you request priority shipping? If not isn't a week to 10 days about right for delivery when ordering online with standard shipping? That's my experience unless I choose to pay more for quick ship.

Recommendation: Whenever you encounter a problem with a seller/vendor never communicate by email which is very easy to ignore or disappear (IRS??.) Pick up the phone and call then ask to speak to the boss.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Did you request priority shipping? If not isn't a week to 10 days about right for delivery when ordering online with standard shipping? That's my experience unless I choose to pay more for quick ship.

Recommendation: Whenever you encounter a problem with a seller/vendor never communicate by email which is very easy to ignore or disappear (IRS??.) Pick up the phone and call then ask to speak to the boss.

Using the phone usually works for most companies, but it's kinda hard to talk to someone on the phone if the person you keep calling doesn't answer the phone. At least that was my experience.

collinbrewer

Loc.
Austin
I've ordered many thousands of dollars across many orders from BCB and there are two things I've learned.

1. They will almost always take a day longer than other vendors to both process and ship your order.
2. While their online store is capable, they don't use it to keep inventory. This means you may be ordering something they don't have, and they won't let you know. I've had this happen twice. One time, they waited until the backordered part was available, then sent the rest of the order. Another time, they sent me half my order immediately then sent the rest afterwards.

That said, BCB has always taken care of me when issues arose. They've issued me refunds for parts that they did not have to. I've also spent 45 minutes on the phone getting support(and talking shop) with their employees. They've even sent me "temporary parts" as alternatives I could use while my real parts were backordered. They've always gone out of their way to make things right.

My only standing complaint is they could stand to keep in better communication with their customers. In my(also a small business owner) experience, to partially agree with Tram, good communication will carry customers through many rough patches, and keep them coming back.

As a final note, BCB continues to innovate Bronco products and support the Bronco community, and for that, I'll continue to head over to their site to place orders and call their shop to pick their brains and talk shop.

sbolejack

Loc.
Rogers, AR
Lack of Communications

I recently ordered parts from BCB and even though their parts are high quality the lack of communications from them on the status of orders and/or back orders makes me feel they will not last long unless someone takes the reins. I am a small business owner and if I conducted my business the way they do I would not be in business very long. With today's high tech communications everyone expects immediate response on the status of their project or at least some sort of acknowledgement that they received your message a necessity, if not just a courtesy to let you know they are still there.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Looks like his family is letting the ball slip.

Sorry not vendor bashing either as I have never dealt with ordering anything from them but this seems to be the norm lately from them just seeing more and more complaints some legit some not because they never gave them a chance to respond. I understand its a family business but they have been around for a long time and I thought they were making good money as far as sells go so maybe they need some more staff. As most companies grow so does the amount of staff its not like prices have dropped due to keeping staff low just a suggestion and my 2 cents on the subject.

I have always had great service from BCB. Ya it might take a day or 2 more to get your part but worth it. I have many parts from them and they are great for a bronco owner like me.

bobtail

Loc.
high in the desert
I bought a used limited slip rear end from them over thirty years ago and met chuck. seemed like a real nice guy. knew a lot more about broncos than I did. that was when BCB had a shop near lake silverwood. so, my only complaint is that they are no longer in a reasonable driving distance. hey,chuck, come back to bronco country. where the weather suits the broncos. I hope you haven't turned eastern.

Last edited:

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I bought a used limited slip rear end from them over thirty years ago and met chuck. seemed like a real nice guy. knew a lot more about broncos than I did. that was when BCB had a shop near lake silverwood. so, my only complaint is that they are no longer in a reasonable driving distance. hey,chuck, come back to bronco country. where the weather suits the broncos. I hope you haven't turned eastern.

Texas is Bronco country...Lonestar EB Club is the largest organized EB Club in the U.S. and to refer to Texas as "eastern" is an outright insult. You should hear Chuck's personal opinion of your left coast.

jdcascio

Loc.
Hickory, NC
I recently ordered the Media Console through BC Broncos. It took an extra day or so to process the order but it was shipped within the week and arrived in perfect condition not long after. I am happy with them and will support their business in the future.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Ha-ha.... these threads are hilarious! There have only been a hundred of them. Lol Reminds me of the guy selling soup on Seinfeld ...... NO PARTS FOR YOU! Lol;D ;D SMH