• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone have issues with BC Broncos order?

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I personal never pointed any fingers at anyone person I did however point out that maybe they should cut back on a few side projects to get things right with the business before trying to expand if they are having issues keeping up their reputation.
WheelHorse I do agree and think that we are a tight knit community that helps one another out I have given several parts away for free lent a helping hand when need and in this case I'm giving my advice. Keeping your customers happy in a small group like this is key and if that means cutting back on new items, projects, mass buys or whatever until you have the staff or all the kinks worked out from taking over the business than that's what should be done.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
In my opinion, excuses are problems that have not yet been fixed. There is a lot of things going on here. We have been to busy for the last few years in restos and parts paint and customer service. We just hired a guy to work with customers, not tech, not sales. Just calling customers with info/answers about shipping parts availability ship dates. Basically a customer service rep. We hope to fix the lack of customer service this way. But that will not get the work done. We now have a shop foreman and 3 mechanics plus a painter and painter helper to do the restos.
We have also hired a parts/shipping head to reduce the shipping problems like late shipping, wrong parts shipped and orders shipped without all the parts. This guy will also keep track of inventory so we don't run out of things. Some of you may have noticed that we only take tech calls in the afternoon now. This is because until a few weeks ago Jason and I spent most of the day talking on the phone talking about parts install and fixes. About 1/2 are about stock or other vendors parts. I don't mind in fact like to talk broncos but nothing else gets done. Anyway we are working on the above problems.
Things that need to be fixed that I can't see the fix for are things like vendors that ship to us. An example of this lately is power brake boosters. I have had them made by the same company for 15 years and it has always taken about 6 weeks to get the boosters, this time we ordered in February of this year, we have been given a new deliverer date 4 times, the last was 7-10-14 but they are still not here. The boosters are made for me and are diff than can be bought locally so I back order to he customer then the delivery date comes and goes ad we wait a few days more and they still don't come so we call all the customers that are waiting and you can guess how that goes over with a customer that has been waiting for a month or so. Anyway most of the customer complaints can be fixed here and we are working on them now. For those that think we have their money and are not shipping the part, please know that we never charge anyone until we shop their order. I hope most of the problems will will be cleared up in the next few weeks. Also thank you all for your input.

OP
OP
Jeepers304

Jeepers304

Loc.
Henderson,LA
I have to say I was saddened by some of the responses.

I believe most of us would like to think of the community as growing together as a family...and as any family grows there certainly can be pains.

However, when there is a problem, coming together and helping is HUGE and makes any community great.

How often would you visit a community if its response was, "Not my problem?" Now this is just one example, but there were several negative comments towards Jason. Just because he's a vendor doesn't make it right to hurl insults.

If someone is in the area, volunteer to help the guy and you know what, I bet he'll hook a brother up next time there's a Bronco need. If there's any consultants, stop in and evaluate if he'd take the free advice. It benefits everyone.

Maybe it's a simple job like pulling orders and getting them ready to be shipped with packaging, simple work that's a huge time eater.

I believe most of us want to be part of a community where sleeves are rolled up with offered helping hands well before fingers are pointed.

Just my .02.

Thanks for listening.

^^ Im sure there is plenty of guys who would work for parts on their days off! I even made that offer if I lived closer I would gladly come help as a trade and no doubt would pick up bronco knowledge along the way

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I wish I was closer I could use a job in a place I liked working at LOL.
So do I, this a retirement/snow bird area so it is hard to find help that wants to work, the best mechanic we have is 76 and he out works the other two, the down side is he only works for fun 3 days a week.

Loc.
Jasper, Texas
^^ Im sure there is plenty of guys who would work for parts on their days off! I even made that offer if I lived closer I would gladly come help as a trade and no doubt would pick up bronco knowledge along the way

I own a small business also its not quiet that easy. I wish it was.

I would also like to add that here in Texas at least you can't find anyone to work thats worth a damn. Especially when the oilfield will pay a guy to push a broom $20per hr + overtime

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
These are some of the reasons why these issues are happening. In the last 6 months we lost half of our staff, Painter, welder, shipping manager, office help, also chuck and Debbie retired.

I'd like to relocate to Texas. If you pay your painter 90-100K I'd seriously consider it. Some days I'm tired fighting the insurance companies.

moses_m

Any improvements on the website? I always use the tech page for troubleshooting.
I have called ahead and checked if parts are in stock and then picked them up. 6 hour drive to BCs.
Can't blame people for trying to improve themselves and go to the oilfield. I went from a fab shop to the oilfield 12 years ago and havent look back. Most oilfield service companies will also do on the job training so you can eliminate time and money for a trade school.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
"get our new catalog out"

I can't wait I wore all the pages out on my last one and I like catalog's much better than websites.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
"get our new catalog out"

I can't wait I wore all the pages out on my last one and I like catalog's much better than websites.

My last BC catalog eventually fell apart. It is probably well over 10 years old.
It may have been that long since they put one out.....

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
I commend your response, but at the same time, it's almost hollow and I'm further put off by it.

You have customers getting zero reply from you concerning their orders but when you start catching flack on both here and FB, people are ready and willing to reply to said criticisms.

That to me, says you folks need to look inside the business and figure out why these communications are not being answered.

I own a small business and while I'm sure it's no where near the size of your operation, I am able to reply to customer communication.

There is zero reason not to.

I am sorry it looks like that to you, I was told by Gretchen it was on face book ( that she checks many times a day) but couldn't respond until I did
because I was trying to get things done for restorations. I am a 7 to 7 guy everyone else gets to leave at 430. If I waited until the next day I would prove the point I was not getting back to customers, this is the first time I have had a chance to post. Just finished dropping in my 3rd Coyote 40 minutes ago.
You are right we have been looking in and are taking steps to fix these issues this is part of the new plan coming out soon but we are doing this now.
I truly do thank all of you for your input and have no hard feelings.
I know who my boss is, YOU.

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
Well before I responded to posts I wanted to give them a chance and see how they responded after one of their employees asked me to call them. I spoke with Gretchen, who I recommend to those with an issue speak with her she was very nice and willing to help unlike my other phone contact with them. She explained to me some of the situation ongoing there and apologized we spoke for a while and she learned i had an e commerce background she asked and was open to suggestions I had which I hope Jason runs with.

Let me shed some light on the situation for everyone I ordered what i would call "simple" parts that did not show out of stock. I live 6 or so hours away from them and UPS Shipping zone time wise is one to two days for delivery in that zone. Even giving them ample processing time after ordering verrrrrry early in the morning I still should have my parts in a decent time. Now If I would ordered it say from Cali or further on a fool would expect it in two or three days. A simple answering of my email sent 3.5 days after the order was placed would have caught the problem when I didnt receive a tracking number and It would have been fine with me because I understand things happen.

I understand they are a mom and pop shop which is even more reason for me support them beside the fact they have very cool parts. With that said part of the reason customers shop at places like that is for the customer service! period.

There are good and bad experiences with any company, unfortunately there are several more with this one when it comes to customer service, and I have received several PM's from folks with similar issues who spent a looooooooot more money with them than I did.

I agree with the others that have posted maybe some Irons should be taken out of the fire for now and focus on the service side which I have also learned from messages was great at one point and time, but its not my business just my .02 Especially when some posts they tried to spend 30k with me and the service killed the deal. As a small business person that would concern me

Now with all that said I still sent them business yesterday after speaking with Gretchen, It was items for a 13yr old kid who has a birthday list of only bronco stuff hes saving his own money for but I made his mom call Gretchen direct until they get everything worked out.

^^^^^Rant On! its funny! because I ordered it way ahead of time before i needed the part , your piss poor response before knowing is the emergency:-X

^^ agreed and it was ordered accordingly with this in mind;D;D Im enjoying life building another bronco with 5 and 6yr old sons laying underneath it with me watching and hopefully learning something besides my sailors vocabulary

Damn I am lucky that is my wife