• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone heard of Dynamax headers?

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Im trying to find a web site on them, a guy has some for sale and it says fits 289,302 and 351W. I'm not sure if there any good as far as a product or even would fit a 351W, if they fit a 302.

Are they cheap header?

Anyone know of a web site?

OP
OP
BoltBuster

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Hey Thanks!

he misspelled it in the paper and I kept finding pages on irrigation systems =/

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D I run hooker on my bronco and they are 289/302 but are on a 351W. But on some headers roy mite need to do a little bending to clear everthing but it can be done good luck.;D ;D ;D Bill :cool: %) :p

Jerrod4567

Loc.
Bakersfield CA
I just installed the dynomax headers on my EB last night. The reason I chose that brand is because they had 1 5/8" tubes where all of the other companies seemed to use 1 1/2" They fit great, I did not have to bend anything at all. This is on my 302 with the stock 3 speed tranny. Hope this helps.

blksn8k

When I bought my truck the previous owner told me it had Dynomax headers. It also has an aluminzed 2 1/4" exhaust system and Flowmaster muffs. Sounds decent. Mine is a 302 3-speed with a 2" body lift and suspension lift. Not sure how old the headers are or if they are even Dynomax for sure but someone added some welds where the primaries join in front of the collector on the pass side header. They don't seem to be badly rusted so I assume that was some sort of stress failure. This could have been caused by whatever type of pipes were hanging off the collectors and how well they were supported. The current exhaust pipes are fairly new and they look to be well designed.

7? BRONCO

Loc.
Wake Forest, NC
I'm running my 2nd set of Dynomax headers. The first set was on my '71 302, 3 speed. They were suppose to be ceramic Jet Hot coated but the coating came off-----the Dynomax rep said it is the first pair he ever saw flake in his 10 yrs. I paired them w/ 2 1/4 dual exhaust and Dynomax Ultra Flow stainless steel mufflers...sounded good (not as tinny as plain glasspacks but not as deep as Flowmasters). Anyway, my 2nd set (plain black) are going on my current '77 ground up restoration. The '77 has a C4 and they fit perfectly (haven't gotten to start this one up yet).

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For those of you using the Dynomax's, do you have the type that you cut the passenger side flange on so that one half goes on one side of the engine mount tower, and the other side goes around it on the opposite side? If so, are you using a 351W? I sold a set to a Bronco owner and he said they wouldn't line up because of the taller 351. He said they looked like they'd fit fine with the shorter 302.
Any experience with this?
7?Bronco, did they warrranty your headers? Hope so.

Paul

C4

sooo what's the run down of headers for a 351w with C4 again?

digmy76

7? BRONCO said:
I'm running my 2nd set of Dynomax headers. The first set was on my '71 302, 3 speed. They were suppose to be ceramic Jet Hot coated but the coating came off-----the Dynomax rep said it is the first pair he ever saw flake in his 10 yrs. I paired them w/ 2 1/4 dual exhaust and Dynomax Ultra Flow stainless steel mufflers...sounded good (not as tinny as plain glasspacks but not as deep as Flowmasters). Anyway, my 2nd set (plain black) are going on my current '77 ground up restoration. The '77 has a C4 and they fit perfectly (haven't gotten to start this one up yet).

Where did you get the ceramic coated ones? Summit only show the painted ones.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
digmy76 said:
Where did you get the ceramic coated ones? Summit only show the painted ones.

Hmmm, interesting. My Dynomax book only lists the painted one #85044 as well. But I bought a set of ceramic ones! If all follows procedure, the number should be #86044 for the coated set.
Maybe have Summit call Dynomax (or you can call 1-847-482-5000 or 1-734-384-7806) to see if they still make it. Or just still have some in stock. If I remember, the price was VERY reasonable for a coated header.
If not, and you have a 302 (not a 351), I may have a new set for you. I sold my new-in-the-box set to a CA e-mail list member and it turns out they won't fit with the taller 351 because of the design of the passenger side. The front two cylinders pass down and under the engine mount/frame tower and then back. Interesting design but isn't "dual engine" compatible like most headers.

Paul

digmy76

DirtDonk said:
Hmmm, interesting. My Dynomax book only lists the painted one #85044 as well. But I bought a set of ceramic ones! If all follows procedure, the number should be #86044 for the coated set.
Maybe have Summit call Dynomax (or you can call 1-847-482-5000 or 1-734-384-7806) to see if they still make it. Or just still have some in stock. If I remember, the price was VERY reasonable for a coated header.
If not, and you have a 302 (not a 351), I may have a new set for you. I sold my new-in-the-box set to a CA e-mail list member and it turns out they won't fit with the taller 351 because of the design of the passenger side. The front two cylinders pass down and under the engine mount/frame tower and then back. Interesting design but isn't "dual engine" compatible like most headers.

Paul

So they haven't been installed yet. They just aren't "in the box" anymore? Let me know via PM the details and price. Thanks

jason

Loc.
harned, ky
i'v been running the dynomax headers on my 302 for a few months. they bolted up great! i just dropped in my 351w last weekend and they were tight! i had to dimple a couple of tubes with a hammer to make them work. this is with a c4.