• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone heard of EM2 Inc (Clackamas, OR)

bluebronco69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Damascas, OR
go down and meet them in person rather then letting a bunch of people with opinions make your decisions...
Marty is a really good guy (truth not opinion) and does good work (opinion) stop by his shop and let him and his work do the talking.

but i would say if you have the money to buy one already built, then check out his rigs.

ehumaui

Is it just me but was the idle seemed kind of rough on most of them. She even had her foot on the gas and the rpms at 1100? Did they only do paint and finish work?

Rc

Greg H

Loc.
Cedar Rapids IA
Marty and Molly are good folks. I bought a 70 sport this past spring and have had a good experience. In my situation I had decided to buy a bronco, if it would have cost $2000 or $20,000 I would have went and looked at it. Since bringing it home to the Midwest I've been approached about selling it, the answer has been no, my son's would kill me.

Don't take my word, go see what Marty has to sell.

bpugh88

The Truth is that you cannot trust anyone. You need to go see it for yourself. The way that a bronco is restored/repaired is very personal and subjective. What someone would see as a wonderful rebuild, could look bad to someone else. Just make sure it makes you happy.

sbted95

I know Marty and Molly very well! I have bought a few vehicles from them over the years including a 1970 Boss 302, 1966 GTA Fairlane, 1977 Uncut Bronco, etc... I met them by buying a vehicle from them and can now say they have became GREAT friends. Marty is an extreme straight-shooter and honest person. I will continue to buy vehicles from them for years to come! BTW, I can also say they have NEVER taken a vehicle to the swap meet. Marty does not sell "projects," let alone a Bronco tub! Therefore badmuttstang, I know I do not know you and you are a senior member to my single post, but I think you may have EM2 confused with a someone else?! If you want a local dishonest dealer-type to red flag, travel to the House of Hardtops.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
sbted95 it doesn't matter how many post someone has if you have info someone else doesn't then speak your mind is what I have to say so no offense. I did meet Marty at the swap meet he gave me one of his cards and they did have a car there I never said they built it just merely that it was a 60 footer. For all I know it could have been someone else's that he was trying to sell. Marty seemed to be a nice guy for the short time I talked to him and as I stated "Use your best judgment" my idea of a good car and someone else's can be totally different. I would never buy or not buy just because someone told me they had a bad experience I would take it as I need to look it over really well thats all I'm saying.

sbted95

Thanks badmuttstang. I completely agree that regardless of where one buys a vehicle from, they should definitely inspect it or get as much information as possible. I appreciate your input.

Jagd4rd

Well I had the worst vehicle purshasing experience of my life dealing with Marty & Molly. It was a complete scam and rip off. They didn't even get the engine size right, claimed a Summit racing built 302, turned out to be a bagged 289 that lasted less then 2 months.
Trustworthy? road worthy? that is a bad joke, EM2 are not to be trusted at all.

pineforbronco

Looking for cases of fraud by EM2BAD.com

Hi Everyone - an attorney in Oregon is building a case against Marty at EM2BAD in Clackamas Oregon for his deceptive and fraudulent tactics. We're looking for as many sources to come forward. It seems he's up to his old tricks again and we're working on shutting him down. Please share in the best interest of the community.

sbted95

I have purchased multiple vehicles (including three Broncos), Boss 302, 1970 R code Mach 1, Fairlanes, etc. totaling well over $150k in purchase price and NEVER had a complaint! I feel it is in the best interest of the community to share the full spectrum of feedback, good or bad. Just my $.02....

pineforbronco

Things are about to get a lot harder for EM2BAD

Hey everyone thanks for the feedback. Usually when there is one dead body there are others buried as well. We're validating what suspected about this dealer - EM2BAD. Looks like Marty has made quite a business out of fraud. I'll update when list is complete.

Last edited:

sbted95

Not to beat a dead horse here...but, I am currently staring at paperwork for one of my purchased vehicles from EM2 showing his dealer's information. If you bought a vehicle from him, I am certain you have the same paperwork as well.

1973BroncoSport

Loc.
Aurora Oregon
Wow, I cant believe what I'm reading on here! I purchased a 1966 u15 from Marty back in 2008. I never had a problem with that bronco, other than the fact that my brother hooked the battery cables up backwards. But that's beside the point. They, (Marty and Molly) were nothing but kind to me. I had been looking for a good bronco for years, and have owned a couple in the past and knew exactly what I was looking for. I must have been to their shop 20 times before I bought that bronco; probably damn near drove them insane. They are just fun people to be around. I still stop by from time to time just to say hello and see the latest project. All the way from helping me out with the DMV to what a good insurance value would be. That was my experience.
I recommend that everyone has a car/truck looked at by a third party, if your not sure what you're looking at. Especially a 40 year old vehicle! If you're going to invest that kind of money, what's a few more bucks for confirmation. I had 4 different gear heads out there before I made my purchase.

Last edited: