• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Are US ARMY Broncos Common?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Yeah and if you look at the grill you can see the holes where the military installed light covers around the headlights.

NavyBronco66

Loc.
San Antonio
Military Broncos

Hello, Guys

I have some history on the military Broncos and I am more then willing to email a copy of the info that I have to whom ever is interested in the info it has taken me a lot of time and research to find this info so if you would like to see it please email me at droolson1984@yahoo.com and I will send it to you please note that this is a paper that I am working on writing with all of the info that I have gathered

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Hello, Guys

I have some history on the military Broncos and I am more then willing to email a copy of the info that I have to whom ever is interested in the info it has taken me a lot of time and research to find this info so if you would like to see it please email me at droolson1984@yahoo.com and I will send it to you please note that this is a paper that I am working on writing with all of the info that I have gathered

Maybe you could send it to Jon to post in the FAQ section for everyone.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
dang there are a lot of broncos in that field

Yeah there are. Hey Bax...why don't you ask shorty to sell you one of those other Broncos. Looks like there are many in the field for u:)

Blue71

NavyBronco66

Loc.
San Antonio
1967 Military Bronco History

For any one interested in the history of the 1967 Military Ford Bronco Look For An atricle about them in Bronco Driver Magazine.

darcytribe

just a guess, but I could see the government getting first dibs prior to a public offering.

akafrankcastle

Loc.
Kansas City
just a guess, but I could see the government getting first dibs prior to a public offering.

Rather than first dibs, I think it likely Ford might have offered them to the Gov't in the hopes of a favorable review and an enduring contract. With relatively few exceptions, the USG is not in the habit of telling a manufacturer "I want X amount of that unproven product 6 months before you are going to offer it to the general public."

Keep in mind Jeeps had been in service for a few decades at this point. Ford was about to introduce a brand new model in to a market that up until that point they had very little experience in. Imagine the marketing dream of being able to put "The new choice of the United States Military" in your advertisements.

brocken

Loc.
Seattle
I have a '67 military Bronco too, just noticed this thread.
Mine came with a 170 which sounds standard. Didn't have stock bumpers when I got it, some beefy plate bumpers.
I have the US plate on the dash and no radio like the others. I found green paint underneath in the bed too. Looks like it's been repainted a few times though.

I was told mine was at Ft. Lewis until the 80's. Not sure how reliable the information from the PO is though...

NavyBronco66

Loc.
San Antonio
If any one has any Pictures of these broncos when they might have been in the military I would love to see them. Or if any one has any info on these trucks they would like to share I would love to here from them

NavyBronco66

Loc.
San Antonio
Hey Every one the long awaited history of the military broncos is here look for it here on classic in the FAQs Message Forum as well as look for it in Bronco Driver Magazine, In the FAQ Message Forum you will have the opportunity to post questions and reply's to the post on the history. Or ask questions to the article writer. Keep your eyes open to see The history of these rare Broncos

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176914

Last edited by a moderator:

NavyBronco66

Loc.
San Antonio
When were the FIRST Broncos sold? The date on the photo says June of 1965. I didnt think they were released until October.

The First Bronco was made in 1966 sadly the picture is a fake hate to tell every one that but I did some research on the picture at tineye.com and the orignal picture can be seen at http://air-and-space.com/edw60.htm this is what the picture is of Douglas C-133A Cargomaster Serial 54-136 was the second built. Photographer: Richard Lockett Sr. and it was taken between 1959 and 1961

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Hey Every one the long awaited history of the military broncos is here look for it here on classic in the FAQs Message Forum as well as look for it in Bronco Driver Magazine, In the FAQ Message Forum you will have the opportunity to post questions and reply's to the post on the history. Or ask questions to the article writer. Keep your eyes open to see The history of these rare Broncos

nice write up:cool: