• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Are US ARMY Broncos Common?

69 Fl. Bronc

Sounds cool. If you could get a line on those hats in the second pic, let me know. Also, where can I get the parade bars?

69 Fl. Bronc

Well, %)

I think the hats are from "The Citadel", Charleston, SC.

The bars... well they look easy enough to make. ;)

Thanks. I'll contact the "The Citadel" mon. Maybe they have a good price on used ones. As far as the bars go, I would like to incorperate them into my roll bar. But they need to be removable. Every day ain't a parade

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I wish I could find some old AF Bronco. That would be cool. This old pic shows some. At least it looks like Broncos. The date stamp on it says 1965 though.

Attachments

• military%20broncos.jpg
    military%20broncos.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 555

bax

Contributor
Old Member
The roadster that I am looking at is a 67 AF bronco. it's kinds neat but the person that has it wants too much money.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
What year Bronco was it?
Was the hitch a pintle hitch?
Mine was equiped with one in the past.
Do you have any old pics? :D

Thanks.

Mine was a 69
I never knew what the hitch was called, but I just looked it up, and yes I guess thats what it is called

No old pictures

My father was a military contractor, (sold chemicals to the base) thats how we got invited to the auction.

Being up in new England mine had a hard top and doors, but only one mirror. I don't think it ever left the base, as it had under 10,000 miles when we got it. We had to go through the engine a few years later as it used a ton of oil, think from all the short rides it did around the base.

The company my father owned used it to plow the parking lot, and to do errends for a few years. When I got my licence, I bought it from him.

It was painted a funky blue, both the body and top, though the inside of the top was white. It had no radio, and no rear seat.

I drove it through college, sold it once, bought it back a year later, and made tons of money plowing driveways with it as a teen ager.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
military

I have the exact bronco that you have. Mine has dual roadster mirrors, the gov plate is intact. It also has the pintle hook rear bumper. You can order a marti report to get all the details of your truck. I will be doing a restoration starting next year. You should contact Tim Hulick of bronco roadster fame. He is doing extensive research on military broncos. He is planning to do a book on them...Mark in San Diego

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Not really a roadster mirror. They are not the original roadster mirrors however the are what ford put on them to meet the contract specs

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
When I visited Westpoint to see a close friends graduation they had a few very pristine military broncos they used to transport the dean and other important people. From my memory they looked just like the one used in the Colombo movie posted earlier.

OP
OP
kflavin

kflavin

Loc.
High Springs, FL
Bronco Pics are now up!

In my member gallery. ;D

I guess as a newbie, I don't get to attach to the posts...

Oh well.

Patience.

marks bronco

Loc.
Pinellas Park,Fla.
I would like to come see it some day. i just sold my 68 uncut and it was a government issue and sold to tall,Fl. and the department of forestry used it. The paint they used made it almost rust proof, also have some leftover parts and I did have a jerrycan bracket for the rear pass side.Does your bronco havr that and the hold down on the hood

OP
OP
kflavin

kflavin

Loc.
High Springs, FL
I would like to come see it some day. i just sold my 68 uncut and it was a government issue and sold to tall,Fl. and the department of forestry used it. The paint they used made it almost rust proof, also have some leftover parts and I did have a jerrycan bracket for the rear pass side.Does your bronco havr that and the hold down on the hood

Come up when you get a chance, just contact me through ClassicBroncos.

Do you have pics of your govt Bronco?
What parts do you have?
The jerry can bracket... hmmm.. i had a Tirerack with a jerry can bracket, but no single jerry and holder.

The hood hold down, well I have the hoop on the hood for the windshield hold down, but I don't think that is what you are talking about. Send some pics.

Thanks

Kevin

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I'm no roadster or 66 bronco expert but I remember several people saying thier early early 66 broncos were different in several ways. The most intriguing difference is that the bodies were galvanized. Could this have been an extra step done for gov broncos that were intended for a muddy and humid environment such a Viet Nam. I'm know I'm speculating but it makes sense to me.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I'm pretty sure that all tubs were galvanized. I have a 67 tub that I know is.
Come to think of it all the replacemnet panels that I bought from the venders are galvanized also although I'm not sure about front fenders as they usually come primered already.

Last edited:

AKwheeler

I also have a 67 Army Bronco. Another friend of mine has one also. His paint was covered up, but mine is intact. Mine was used up here at various bases in Alaska.

Outside of the data plate, fire extinguisher mount,auxillary heater and headlight gaurds, I don't see much difference from my other ones. Mine was an I6 as well, but I found a good donor 76 chassis and running gear, so it's a 302 now.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Here is a US air force roadster u13 with a factory soft top, I was trying to buy. No luck. I still want it but the price is toooo high.

Attachments

• IMG_5103.jpg
    IMG_5103.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_5110.jpg
    IMG_5110.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 422