• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Axel hub from broken rear axel shaft needed for tire carrier

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i got a front drum hub i'll bring to FFF for ya, it needs wheel studs. then just bolt a stock drum spindle to the bumper rack and you can carry a spare lockout hub too.

just PM me a reminder the thursday or friday before the show to remind me to throw it in the truck.

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
I made one. It's not too hard. I used 3 instead of 5 holes.
Hold a piece of plate behind a wheel and mark holes.
Drill holes.
Insert bolts in holes.
Weld head of bolts to plate.
Done.

OP
OP
Thomas H.

Thomas H.

Loc.
San Diego (N.County)
i got a front drum hub i'll bring to FFF for ya, it needs wheel studs. then just bolt a stock drum spindle to the bumper rack and you can carry a spare lockout hub too.

just PM me a reminder the thursday or friday before the show to remind me to throw it in the truck.

Spare lock out hub too, good idea, I'l try a test pm never tried befor. don't have a ham radio any more, or a ham cert. do you use your ham much?

Broncobowsher

Total hack

Did that one years ago. Good use of old left over drum brake front end parts.
I drilled out a spindle for a rear axle bolt pattern so I could make a roller for the rear if the axle ever broke. Never tried it.