• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Back from paint the fun begins

txhawkeye

Finally back from paint hope to get the cab insulated today
71cf1880d2e6aa70dcb9cbd97f412b53.jpg
dd4d0b081e2fecde12e09a2c0157295e.jpg
ef515c0a1d26b86991e14bf778957dcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeithKinPhx

Looking good.

Where to begin? Electrical harness? Heat/Ac box? Cage?

I see you already did a little sound control?

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Put orange cones and yellow tape around it, looks great

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Congratulations that is a major milestone - keep plugging away at it!

OP
OP
T

txhawkeye

ebd8d58b264a9bd30b9641048182337f.jpg
c7fe9013fcaf4493425a8c9c286dcf78.jpg

This is where I ended for the day. Need to finish by Friday going to wire it next weekend..

Audifan

Contributor
Great Color. Very unique.

Does doing dynamat in strips like that have the same effect as covering the whole panel? Most of the bronco's I see on here have it covering the whole floor.

Also, what brand/type of insulation did you go with?

OP
OP
T

txhawkeye

Great Color. Very unique.

Does doing dynamat in strips like that have the same effect as covering the whole panel? Most of the bronco's I see on here have it covering the whole floor.

Also, what brand/type of insulation did you go with?

The strips are part of a kit I got from Quiet Ride Solutions, where I placed the strips is where they designated them to be placed to reduce noise. The other part of the kit is a precut insulation kit I can show when I get to that point. I talked to Quiet Ride and they said it wasn’t necessary to do any more sound dampening but I opted to anyway. The product l am using is a 80 mil mat made by Noico I got it on Amazon pretty happy with it so far. I am putting two layers down should be pretty solid I hope.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
what are the smaller strips of dynamat for? what did you use for final product on sound control (the foil backed stuff)?

OP
OP
T

txhawkeye

what are the smaller strips of dynamat for? what did you use for final product on sound control (the foil backed stuff)?

The strips are part of a kit I got from Quiet Ride Solutions, where I placed the strips is where they designated them to be placed to reduce noise. The other part of the kit is a precut insulation kit I can show when I get to that point. I talked to Quiet Ride and they said it wasn’t necessary to do any more sound dampening but I opted to anyway. The product l am using is a 80 mil mat made by Noico I got it on Amazon pretty happy with it so far. I am putting two layers down should be pretty solid I hope.

68Broncoz

Contributor
Looks great!

Hope to post pics of mine in the next month with new paint. I am hoping installing on the new parts is more fun than sanding, grinding and painting the parts.

Audifan

Contributor

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

SO just to be clear, you are using the silver stuff over the dynamat strips is the "80 mil Noico". And you are going to apply 2 layers of it.

Do you simply stick the adhesive side of the second layer right onto the silver backing of the first layer or is there an inbetween step?

And finally just to be nosy... are you going to do jute/carpet padding between the Noico and the carpet?

OP
OP
T

txhawkeye

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

SO just to be clear, you are using the silver stuff over the dynamat strips is the "80 mil Noico". And you are going to apply 2 layers of it.

Do you simply stick the adhesive side of the second layer right onto the silver backing of the first layer or is there an inbetween step?

And finally just to be nosy... are you going to do jute/carpet padding between the Noico and the carpet?

Yes I put the strips down and then two layers of the 80 mil. This is a picture of the insulation that is going between the sound dampener and the carpet.
e2368889d1e13046d3f5baad334e2551.jpg

Audifan

Contributor
Yes I put the strips down and then two layers of the 80 mil. This is a picture of the insulation that is going between the sound dampener and the carpet.
e2368889d1e13046d3f5baad334e2551.jpg

Thank you for the info.

The more you show me the more questions I have ;)

Only 2 more...

1. Do you use a spray adhesive to apply that insulation down to the Noico or does it just lay over the top?

2. The Real question... with dynamat strips+160mils of Noico deadener+Insulation+carpet = quite a bit of thickness...Can the floor hold down strips handle that extra thickness?