• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bad experience at the gas station today!

hotrodtim68

Contributor
Boy did I bite my tongue today when I stopped at the local gas station to top off the tank. I got out and unlocked my tank cap as usual , then a very valuable lesson was learned . NEVER LET THE FOREIGNER WORKING THE PUMPS put the nozzle into the filler pipe. Boy I was not thinking; this is something I normally do. Don't you know the nozzle sprung out because they must be held firmly on the early Bronco . he hastily pushed it back in while talking some gibberish foreign language with his bluetooth in his ear. [You get the picture here].Where did all the Americans Go?????Well sure enough he missed the filler pipe and chipped the paint. Lesson learned. Don't let anyone fill your tank except yourself. " I'M NOT PREJUDICE; JUST "PISSED".:eek::mad::mad::mad::eek:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
who in the heck pumps gas for you now a days.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I have owned my eb for over 30 years and no one but me has ever put gas in it......
For a multitude of reasons.....I now have a new reason....

wepuckett

In New Jersey it's the law. Some kind if environmental bs

I was about to say the same thing for NJ, I learned that a few years back when I went to visit my cousin up there and they pumped the gas for me.

jeff_gates

In Oregon they also pump the gas for you, I hear that it is to give people with out skills, jobs.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Yeah seems like every ding bat stoner here in Oregon pumps gas and has been told the customer can't touch the nozzle or they will get fired. Well when you tell them your going to make them pay for the paint job and not just a touch up they change their mind.

JLBachs

I remember back in '85 pumping gas for a lady that didn't know how to do it herself. So in the 29 years since, i've not heard of an attendant pumping gas. I guess you probably have to pay extra for that, but hell, enjoy it man. that's the good old days. Make them clean the windshield while their at it.

OP
OP
hotrodtim68

hotrodtim68

Contributor
Pump Jockies!

Here in New Jersey most gas stations are run by Sikh's.%)%)%) We do not pump our own. B.S. government laws.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
I hate the fact that you can't pump you own gas in NJ! Nevertheless, I usually give them the card and insist that I will take care of the rest. If for no other reason than the Bronco is a bit tricky to fill up and you usually have to stand there and hold it to make sure it doesn't fall out or immediately shut off cause it is going in too fast. Ahem the joy of the Bronco! ;D

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
I'm in Oregon and when I fill my DD,or should I say when they fill my DD, I just have 2 5gal. cans filled and pour it in myself.

scottbr997

Loc.
Bend, OR
I'm in Oregon and I take a 5 gallon can down and then fill my EB myself. Not a DD so 5 gallons last awhile. Hate people messing with my vehicles.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I do whatever possible to avoid buying gas when traveling through Oregon. They make it really inconvenient, especially at the AM PMs where you have to go inside to make the transaction. And yes, the bozos have chipped my paint too.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Why don't you Oregon and New Jersey fellow EBers develop a plastic sleeve that safely covers the fuel nozzle. Send me a royalty check when you hit the big time:cool: Sell them to the stations, or just hand one to your gas pumper and tell him to put it on the nozzle before fueling.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
When I fill the Bronco, Vette or FJR, the attendants have always handed me the nozzle without question. I think that is standard practice here in Oregon.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Why don't you Oregon and New Jersey fellow EBers develop a plastic sleeve that safely covers the fuel nozzle. Send me a royalty check when you hit the big time:cool: Sell them to the stations, or just hand one to your gas pumper and tell him to put it on the nozzle before fueling.

The Costco station that has filled the Bronco a few timed uses a clear tube over the nozzle.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!

I'm going to die laughing when I look thru the TBP catalog and see "gas condoms"