• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bad experience with B.C. Broncos

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Both sides have had their say on this issue and a resolution has been at least presented if not accepted.

So please let's either let this die or at least keep on topic. No more "bumps" or bikini clad women just to keep the thread going. Posts not related to the topic at hand will be deleted from this point forward.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
In your case everything worked out but too often it does not. One example is the guy that wanted to try my ZF cross member for some other trans. I said sure if you can't use it you can send it back. A mo. later he called saying it wouldn't work for him and he wanted me to pay the return shipping (I didn't say"you will have to pay the shipping) I thought it was understood that he would pay the return shipping, his thought process was diff. After paying the return shipping and getting the crossmember back I realized how diff. , he had cut and rewelded the crossmember a couple of times trying to get it to work. I also did not tell him that he could not modify the crossmember. My bad. Many times people send parts back that was not only installed/used but was damaged when taking it back off. Others send stuff back using next day shipping or the UPS store which charges double what UPS charges then want me to pay the return shipping. By the time I pay shipping back most of the time I am money ahead to just keep the part as shipping is more than I make on the part. I know that right is right and it doesn't matter how much I make or don't make but to stay in business I have to avoid paying people to take my parts as much as I can.
Wow what an enthusiastic thread.

-Chuck I have bought many parts from you over the years.
1-Being able to talk with you on the phone is awesome.
2-You make some very cool parts/mods for our beloved Broncos
3- Some parts work well and other have issues and I have had both.

Growing fast and still being a small family run company can be painfull as more sales are expected to leave with the same amount of staff. Thus their are issues with parts that may not work well or not at all when attempting to install.

- I am one of those customers who has experienced these issues and was grateful to have been able to discuss these issues with you personally on the phone.

-But I see the same pattern with your return policy, "You pay the shipping back and I will send you a replacement part...".

-I was disappointed when I purchased your gorgeous canvas top that had a damaged box and damaged powdercoating. It was a good thing I refused it on the spot from my past experiences with your "return shipping policy". Again I was grateful to speak with you on the phone but you were unreasonable about wanting me to pay for return shipping with the replaced parts because UPS said your company failed to package it appropriately. You took the joy out of buying that gorgeous top. Chuck did eventually send a new box at his expense but it was after "encouragement" on my behalf.

-Chuck I love your innovative parts/ideas/being able to talk with you!!! But you have to be Reasonable when your company sends out parts that are not checked for damage/defects prior to shipping.

-I will still and always buy parts from your company and hopefully be able to talk with you on the phone as you invent more cool parts for the Bronco, but I do dread receiving a faulty part from you because I know the policy.....

BI

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Chuck has always made time to talk to me about parts or mods If I had questions, I made a smalll order yesterday will do it again. Yes Ive called and they were gone to lunch, and Ive called and been givin Chucks personal # he still answered my question on his own time. Ive met serveral vendors at OCBR liked em all, still do business with all of em, sometimes you have to even order from 2 vendors to get a job done on your time scehule, never had a compliant from any vendor doing that.

Roxanne has went out of her way on her lunch to get a part out to me on time.

I give BCB a A+......just think where would get all these cool parts W/O our vendors?

Chuck yall come see us at OCBR! we'll have a blast!

SHIPPIN SUCKS but hey em folks gotta eat too!

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Roxanne has went out of her way on her lunch to get a part out to me on time.
A few years ago Jason of BCB hand delivered some parts to me in Hawaii. There was difficulty getting the parts as carry-ons on the plane but he got it done.
Chuck also traded a much needed part with me when I broke my radiator at the 40th to get us back wheeling again.
That's great service in my book.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
So I'm paying extra on parts from BC Broncos to cover return shipping from idiots like the guy with the crossmember??? ?:?:p:mad::( or dumbos that overnight returns or use the high markup mailboxes stores????:?:p:mad::(

You need to have that you are not responsible for return shipping costs policy on your website so it's there and you don't need to communicate each time you make an order, or put it on the packing slip or better yet, BOTH.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
I've been with the CB for awhile and wheeling since I was old enough to get in my Gramps truck. I’ve met some losers and some winners along the way. Just as well all have.

Life is not perfect; nor are any of us...not suppose to be; learn and grow.:)

I trust Chuck and BCBroncos staff enough to have them build my Bronco this summer. :-*

Chuck, you have my permission to use that high-speed low drag gasket on my rig with that 3-corner prototype windshield frame you were developing to clear overhead obstacles...I can use every advantage I can get. :p

BroncoWanted

Loc.
North Mississippi
I am a relative NEWB on CB even though I have been working on my Bronco for 2 years but with that said I have high praise for Chuck, Roxanne and all of BC. They have always been more than helpful answering my questions and ordering my parts from my AC to all the little stuff and making sure I was happy with what information I got and the parts.

Keep up the good work.

As for the customer paying return shipping costs.....GET OVER IT! With fuel at an all time high and still climbing you can expect to pay return shipping on a postcard pretty soon. If you want their products great support BC if not find it somewhere else or make it yourself, it is a free country. And I am with most of the guys on this posts....enough is enough bashing on Chuck