• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bad experience with B.C. Broncos

FordMan

Loc.
San Diego
I just had the worst customer service from Chuck at BC Broncos and I'll never buy from them again. It really comes down to them not standing behind what they sell. I had just purchased a few items totaling around $500.00. The windshield gasket they sold me was defective and I didn't find out until I drove to the shop to get it installed.

I called them up starting at 12:00 on Friday and wasn't able to speak to anyone about it until 1:30. By then I was admittidly pissed. I can't understand how a business can not have an answering machine to take messages when you call. There system is setup to only say "we are at lunch or on another line, please call later". So I guess as a customer it's my job to call again and again until they get off lunch at an undetermined time. They stated that they don't have an answering machine because when they had one they would get back from lunch there was too many messages! HELLO, too many messages, I wonder why?

Finally after talking to Chuck I told him I'd like them to mail me the correct windsheild gasket and a prepaid return envelope so I could send him the old one back. He told me he would send me a gasket and I would need to pay to send the defective one back. Why should I need to pay to send something there that was defective. I would be out even more, no only time but the gas driving to the window shop (1 hour away). Chuck wouldn't agree to that, when I told him that was not right and I would let all of you know about it. He said that he didn't want to hear my threats, I told him it wasn't a threat, it was a promise. So of course he did what any good business owner would do, HE HUNG UP ON ME! So I called back and we had pretty much the same conversation and he hung up again.

If he would have stood behind his product he would have had much more business. In my opinion Chuck doesn't have the skills needed to operated a business that sells products to the public and I hope this information helps.

Anybody need a windshield gasket with 3 corners?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
sorry about the gasket, but Chuck is a stand up guy. Have bought things and never had a problem, but that's my experience. I work as a parts guy and can tell you attitude effects the remedy to the situation. Work with me, i work with you. Demand and threaten? not always the best route. It's too bad, if you were closer i'd offer to lend a hand to install and save the bucks....Loved Diego when i was out there years ago, gas lamp quarter was the ballz...good luck with your problem

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
it was my understanding that CB.com was a decent forum that didn't allow vendor bashing. what's up with this?

about 4 yrs ago I had a similar experience with a BCB windshield gasket but it was corrected in about 15 minutes to my total satisfaction. wondering what the problem is here? the BCB guys are all standup and their service is numero uno !

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
27 posts in a year and he flames Chuck , of all people.

Oh goody !

This will be fun to watch.
watchdrama8jm.gif

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Chuck and the crew has always done good for me being that I'm isolated on an island in the middle of the pacific ocean.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I was working out the problem that Fordman thinks he has when he threatened to post to the lists if I did not do what he wanted. That is extortion and I will not put up with that crap at all from anyone and told him so. When I am threatened I am all done trying to fix a problem.
The problem, I am told is a sealed bag marked windshield, no chrome from Dennis Carpenter that fordman's mechanic says only has 3 corners. I have not seen the gasket but I have never seen one that only has 3 corners and would like to see a picture.
PS, not that it should matter but we only have 4 lines and 4 people to answer them, sometimes they are all busy. When that happens the phone system rolls over to a machine that gives a message that we are on other lines or out to lunch. Sometimes like Fridays we all go to lunch together. When we get back the phones are often very busy. This Friday we were all gone 45 minutes, maybe calls on both sides of that would make the phone roll over for 1.5 hrs. I didn't check. Most of the time we have someone Manning the phones all day but I set the start time the close time and the lunch time to fit my business needs (to accommodate my customers and my employees as well as possible)

Last edited:

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Anybody need a windshield gasket with 3 corners?

I'm not going to participate in your tirade but I'd really like to see a picture of that. Maybe it's for a "halfcab" windshield.:D

OP
OP
F

FordMan

Loc.
San Diego
I don't really know what my post count has to do with anything.

I've bought from other companies plenty. Even bought from guys on this board and tons from the Mustang guys. B.C, dosent even come close to the guys from Mustang Plus. Seriously, everyone takes lunch at the same time and no answering machine to take messages. Not professional at all, think about any business, is it ever OK to hang up on a customer?

I wasn't yelling or being unreasonable, it wasn't even about the $5.00 I would have paid for shipping. It was principle, I don't care who the guy is. If he doesn't do the right thing for something little like this, then I'll take my business somewhere else. And yes I'm flaming him, I wish I would have known before I spent anything there.

OP
OP
F

FordMan

Loc.
San Diego
3 corner windshield

Here it is. It's not extortion, it's consequences to your actions.

Attachments

• 3cornerws.jpg
    3cornerws.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 587

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Looks like the poor economy has caused Dennis Carpenter to start cutting corners. ;)

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
LOL, nice gasket!
Doesnt matter who makes the product, if you sell it you are responsible for it. If its crap then the seller should pay for the ship back and the return of the right product. Common practice with any vendor anywhere I have bought product from. No need to piss off a customer over $5 worth of shipping. No reason he should have to pay to ship it back. It wasnt a warranty issue it was a defective product issue.

As far as the phones, I thought the message said when the lunch break was. I'd cut some slack on that, BC isnt a huge business with a lot of employees, there is going to be some down time.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
It sure looks like a 3 cornered gasket to me. Send it back and I will replace it or refund your money. I will also send your picture to DC and see if they will refund your shipping to return it. And as I told you on the phone I will pay the shipping of the new part to you.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Is it possible, that you were so pissed off that no one answered the phone at a family business while they had a family lunch, that you might have carried that piss poor attitude over to Chuck when you did get a hold of him? Maybe made some veiled or outright threats when things would not go your way, to include going public if your demands were not met? I would have hung up on you to.

You got a three cornered pre-packaged window gasket, from the only quality EB repop window gasket manufacturer out there--Dennis Carpenter. Big deal. Shit happens and you wasted an hour driving to get it installed. Tell you what, call me, or do a search, and I will tell you how to install it youself with some liquid soap and string--save yourself the drive.

Put the damn thing in a Tyvek bag and pay the $2.76 to return it, so Chuck can deal witha repalcement from Dennis Carpenter.

This thread is so transparent, it saddens me.

treihesse

Bronco Guru
I have to say I have called BCB several times over the past year and have had nothing but issues as well. I have put alot of parts on my truck from WH and other vendors and they have all been great. My three issues have been as follows. I call and no one is there to answer, I call and no one is there to answer the question and finally when I do talk to someone its like I put them out or the question I just asked was the dumbest thing that has ever been uttered in the history of man kind. Im not pro fabricator or a designer or any of these things but if you dont ask you will never know the answer right? I by no means the customer is always right, I have been in sales a long time and they are not!!! I have wheeled with Chuck and I think he is a good guy, smart as hell and a good business man but we all have to be put through checks and balances from time to time. I want to buy your exhaust system Chuck but when some of us have questions dont blow us off... This was not to be a DICK just want every company in America to be here in FIVE years ;)

Nightstick

Bronco guy
If you hang around here often you'd know that it's never really a good idea to "bash" a sponsoring vendor. For every bad experience, theres a thousand good ones, and as you can see people will let you know that.

Maybe threatening to bash someone works out where you're from but if I was chuck I wouldn't put up with that crap either.