• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bailie Bilt - Project "Quarter Horse" 8-14-08 Pics With Wheels/Tires Finally!!

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Steve - get the vouchers in the mail Friday.....we appreciate it!!!!

See ya in a few days.

Drive safe everyone...........If we are successful and I can find the time in the next 50 hours, I'll post some final pics before it hits the trails.

Dale

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
:eek: did you say 50 hrs?........well,
guess I better get all the paperwork packedup.
Good Luck Dale and we'll be checking back for updates!

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Slick - pic of the truck the drive-line came from?....I'm not sure I understand....do you mean the actual drive line or the drive train?

The drive shaft(line) was custom fabricated for this truck by Powertrain here in tulsa, ok.

If you meant the drive train.....to answer your question, yes I do. But I must refrain from showing it right now for a couple of reasons....I'll explain at a later date.

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
Hey Dale, is anything from the "Donor" truck for sale that you did not use?? Are you going to sell the blown motor??

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
I was refering to the vehicle the motor and trans was in PRIOR to the rejected hart transplant in the bronco.

A Bow Tie tied THAT TIGHT must have been in a pretty gnarly rock sled before... or maybe it was in a car???

just curious.

:cool:

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
To break it in just fill er up with gas when you make stops and set the idle high at 2500 rpms and just let her run while your driving. It'll be ready to let loose when you arrive.

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Well.....were to begin. How about.....Gordon, Steve and I tag teamed Quarter Horse Monday to the wee hours of the morning and finally got it ready to go!!!! Well, almost.....I was up at 5 AM making final adjustments and installs, then it was off first thing this morning to recharge the fox shocks. I got to the tire center at 7:30 am to find the "help" anxiously awaiting to help out!!!???!!

Can anything be easy?...let alone with this project....well....the nitrogen bottle was not pressurized enough to charge the shocks under it's own weight. So, off the trailer he came and onto the two post. I've got to tell you that this thing has some serious flex. We had it at least 5 feet off the ground and all four tires were still touching.

After a little coercion and a little more anxiety, we were finally able to charge the shocks to ride height.....then, back onto the trailer....then back to the house to meet Gordon and load the trailer FULL of stuff for OCBR.

We pulled into Superlift park at around 4:30 PM. There were already a couple two or three EB's there!!!??? Wow...and we thought we were early!!!

Didn't do anything crazy with QH yet, just taking it nice and slow trying to break him in and more importantly, get familiar with driving him. IT is totally different!!!!

BUT....we are confident he is going to rock!!!

Please stay tuned, as I will add photos as I get them throughout the week.

If you're not here......that's your own darn fault!!!!!! LOL

See ya

Dale

Attachments

• Hood.jpg
    Hood.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 124
  • Underhood.jpg
    Underhood.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 154
  • Front Flex.jpg
    Front Flex.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 204
  • Rear Flex.jpg
    Rear Flex.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 130
  • OCBR or bust.jpg
    OCBR or bust.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 178
  • OCBR or bust2.jpg
    OCBR or bust2.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 219
OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Levi - I would be happy to sell you the "old" engine, BUT.....there's nothing to have.....it is TOAST and you wouldn't want it.....it's not rebuildable.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Wow dale, you've really got some droop on your suspension. I am looking forward to seeing if you can even lift a tire on the trails!! Lets see that thing articulate!!

J.D.

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Whew......just got home, unloaded and cleaned up after spending nearly a week in Hot Springs for OCBR.

Where to start....well, what a fabulous event and great time. Got to see lots of old friends and meet some new ones. I sincerely enjoyed wheeling with everyone!!!

As far as Quarter Horse and his performance......it was great!!!

Started off a little harry due to the fox shocks and overall height of the rig. It definitely took a little getting used to the feeling of a truck that flexs and leans like it does. I had to suck up the front and rear axles with the winches to stabilize him a little.

Had a small episode on top of Ingrid's Revenge. Just as I was starting to turn out on the top obstacle, my alternator bracket broke, causing the belt to go, causing my steering to seize, etc, etc.

With a little redneck engineering on the trail and back in camp, he ran fine for the rest of the trip with the temporary fix still entact. Someone took some pictures....feel free to post them if you are reading this thread.

I managed to do several 5 trails with NO damage......thank god I put the rear quarters on.......without them I would be crying in my beer right now for sure. Conquered the majority of the 4 trails without a problem.

Now, I get to clean him up and finish all of the wiring. I should be posting some final build pics here in the next few weeks.

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Here's a few pics I took this morning at OCBR before we left.

Attachments

• RTI2.jpg
    RTI2.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 186
  • RTI.jpg
    RTI.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 169
  • QH2.jpg
    QH2.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 166
  • QH.jpg
    QH.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Gorge.jpg
    Gorge.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 118

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Dale

I'll get my pics posted of QH, as soon as I can sort thru all of em. Also, compliments to Dale & Gordon on a great job w/QH. It is ALL that it appears to be. Bad to the Bonz..! ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Okay, working from start to finish.. Bare w/me.. Still need to see which ones I got from Ingrid's Revenge.

Attachments

• QH07.jpg
    QH07.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 133
  • QH06.jpg
    QH06.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 146
  • QH05.jpg
    QH05.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 149
  • QH08.jpg
    QH08.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 217
  • QH09.jpg
    QH09.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 156
  • QH10.jpg
    QH10.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 255

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Some more for ya.

Attachments

• QH11.jpg
    QH11.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 174
  • QH12.jpg
    QH12.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 158
  • QH13.jpg
    QH13.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 149
  • QH14.jpg
    QH14.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 112
  • QH15.jpg
    QH15.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 84

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Sweet ride! I love those nitrogen shocks, a little weird on the roads, but amazing wheeling! That thing has amazing flex. Good job!