• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bailie Bilt - Project "Quarter Horse" 8-14-08 Pics With Wheels/Tires Finally!!

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
........ made able to stop on a dime!!

God speed, we will be at OCBR!!!!!!

Thanks for looking again...........Dale

Just to make sure......lug nuts AND steering wheel have
been properly torqued etc.......;) :-* j/k Dale
but we don't want anyone running around with out
their .....lugs or wheels!

LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!

muddford

Boy oh boy!! nobodys gonna want to ride with anyone else!!!!haha leave the quarters off I need a pair,,,,,ok put them on and carry your primer cans to retouch them up, that way there is still a little pepe in her. Also I don't see a rear winch---- how am I gonna follow you with out one.

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Mike - there will be a rear winch by OCBR. Gordon is building the rear bumper and winch mount as we speak. It is going to be bad ars!!!!

Looking forward to seeing ya there!

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
Dale,

What is you width? Mine is 84" and would not fit on my standard car hauler. I had to cut one of the fenders off to make it fit.

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Cane - You know we measured it once and by memory only.......I want to say it was right at 83", maybe even 83 1/2". But this is a pretty wide trailer.

Dale

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Took Quarter Horse to my ole buddy, Ross, at B&M Exhaust in Owasso today to install the super, single exhaust........and all I can say is WOW. He did an awesome job. Took it to him dead stick (not a problem), he helped me get it off the trailer and onto the lift, installed exhaust, and helped me get it back onto the trailer!!!!

Quarter Horse is finally home....................He will be wired back to life, starting Wednesday!!!

Check it out!

Dale

Attachments

• Front Exhaust.jpg
    Front Exhaust.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Center Exhaust.jpg
    Center Exhaust.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Rear Exhaust.jpg
    Rear Exhaust.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Exhaust Tip.jpg
    Exhaust Tip.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Homecoming.jpg
    Homecoming.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 184
OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Pepe is getting a little jealous.....right front tire has held air for over 3 months and yesterday I walked by to notice that it is almost flat!?! He'll get over it!
Steve (Contestoga Motors-Claremore, Ok)will be back Tuesday and he will receive QH on Wednesday. He's going to run wiring harness, focusing on essentials. The goal is to make sure it runs good, then he will move to brakes. Once brakes are done, he will more back to the wiring to finish up the odds and ends, time permitting. We're doing this to make certain QH gets to OCBR running and stopping.

I'm expecting to hear it run by next weekend!!!!!!

Yellowrouge - If you guys would ever get yer butts down here for an OCBR meeting, I'd let you check it out in person. I had a thread on the shop several months ago - it is 40x70x14. Since the thread, I have finished the game room and had a couple of Holdem Tourneys! Maybe we could all have a bronco meeting and then a little poker??

Dale

FSRBIKER

Loc.
Oak Ridge, NJ
Dale that looks incredible, good luck finishing up your build.

With all the talk on how much a build-up costs and what an EB is worth can you let us know a ballpark on what you have invested in yours?

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
I knew someone would ask me that....eventually! To be totally honest, I haven't added it up yet......I'm kinda of scared to.....I'm afraid if I did and wife found out.....well ya know the rest of this story!

Somewhere between 30 & 40K, I'm guessing.

Gordon and I are going to start another one next year using a nice little 69 I've got.......this one will probably end up nicer and more radical than QH and it will be for sell.

Dale

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Pepe is getting a little jealous.....right front tire has held air for over 3 months and yesterday I walked by to notice that it is almost flat!?! He'll get over it!
Steve (Contestoga Motors-Claremore, Ok)will be back Tuesday and he will receive QH on Wednesday. He's going to run wiring harness, focusing on essentials. The goal is to make sure it runs good, then he will move to brakes. Once brakes are done, he will more back to the wiring to finish up the odds and ends, time permitting. We're doing this to make certain QH gets to OCBR running and stopping.

I'm expecting to hear it run by next weekend!!!!!!

Yellowrouge - If you guys would ever get yer butts down here for an OCBR meeting, I'd let you check it out in person. I had a thread on the shop several months ago - it is 40x70x14. Since the thread, I have finished the game room and had a couple of Holdem Tourneys! Maybe we could all have a bronco meeting and then a little poker??

Dale

Oh yeah, I remember that thread now that you mention it.
I've been waiting for you to send the private helicopter to pick me up for the meetings. Besides Kathleen would kill you at Holdem.;D

Kincade

Reassembly continues and progress is definitely being made with minor set-backs.

Done:
Front suspension bolted to chassis, front fox shocks in, engine, tranny & transfer case in, body on.

I left Gordon right after lunch and his plans were to have the front clip on, fenders and grill mounted, mount radiator along with the tranny cooler, and hydraulic cooler.

The plan is for me to leave with Quarter Horse on my trailer thursday afternoon so I can get it back to my shop where wiring, brakes, fuel lines, seats, fuel tank, roll bar will be installed. If everything goes right, we will be firing the beast at the end of the first week of September.

Really the only snag we've reached is with the transfer case and drivelines (it just dawned on me that these are pretty key components to make this thing go - but the resolution shouldn't be that bad). Our plan was to remove the yokes off of the 4:3 Atlas that came with another project and put them on the brand new 5:0 that has been in my shop for a couple of years now and run 1450 ujoints and driveline. The only problem with that is there isn't a CV joint large enough for that yoke or ujoint. The yokes that came on the 5:0 are 1310's and not strong enough for the amount of hp this thing puts out. So, I've been trying to call advanced adapters for a day and half and can't seem to get anyone on the line so I can buy two new 1350 yokes.

BTW - has anyone dealt with Kincade Bauer in a while.....is he still in the business? I bought the 5:0 and adapters from him a couple of years ago, and when I tried to call him yesterday the number that I found on classic was disconnected!! Damn it man!!!

Dale

WOW Dale, nice rig!!! Amazing job, I'm completely awestruck! :eek:

Sorry about the contact information. I've moved 3 times in 5 years and I never remember to update my contact info on the web. Website is still www.700r4inaford.com, and I try to keep that contact information current (yes, I know the website blows; but that's about as good as I can do without paying the big bucks for a designer. ;D)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Kincade - Thanks man......we're pretty proud of it!

As you can see in the thread I was pretty desperate there for a couple of days, but we figured it out. Found out from Advance Adapters that they couldn't help me anyway. I needed 1350 input/output yokes for the 5:0 I bought from you a year and a half ago. I found them from a driveline company.

Glad to hear your still around......I'll definitely be calling you the next time I need anything.

Dale

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Thats pretty damn bad ass!!! I know you had alot of help from "friends", but that is quite an investment in equipment. I hope, and am sure it will, serve you very well. Look forward to seeing that in person at one of the events next year. Great job Dale and Gordon!!