• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TN Balloon Chaser impostor???? That takes some balls

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Ghost Busters instead of saying Bronco............. must be a Halloween scam....

Broncitis

MEB Founder
It is Bill Miem from Facebook doing that.

He is the guy who I exposed as a fraud on there last month and he'd trying to get revenge.

Too bad that the hundred or so pieces of documentation that came with it and the signed bill of sale witnessed and signed by Willie Stroppe and Parnelli Jones do not match up with his claims. LOL

Honestly folks, this guy is a scourge in the community and needs kept out. He is a Johnny come lately expert trying to cash in on the hot market by way of deceptive practices.

I had a thread on here a while back and lots of traffic in some of the Bronco groups on Facebook.

He disappeared for a while, but resurfaced a few days ago on Facebook with a new fake profile as a woman named Anne Lee-Smith. He was easy to spot since "she" was new, and threw a couple personal jabs at me unprovoked in the same way he had tried, so he/she got called out immediately by me and a few others.

This guy is supposedly in Bend, OR in case anyone from around there might know him or want to check him out.

Attachments

• Willie signing BOS.jpg
    Willie signing BOS.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 363
  • Willie and Peronis with signed limited edition sail media kit.jpg
    Willie and Peronis with signed limited edition sail media kit.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 374

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Generally if you're trying to use eye candy with a vehicle, you'd want to pick an attractive woman...

That was a "model" that a magazine hired when they did a shoot at my place. The San Francisco based AutoCult magazine was a 60-70's mix of automotive, drug, music and fashion counter culture with an Easyrider twist to it. I think they were going for the drugged out look. ;D

I have a copy of their premier edition, and it'd actually kind of cool, but they went belly up before the article about the Balloon Chase went to print.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
That dood needs to be in the nervous hospital!! Or on homeland security watch listed!!!

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Hey Drew,

Is that your number that he has listed in the ad? I was gonna blow that mofo up but then I thought he may actually know your number.

On a side note...The Chaser is actually one of my inspirations for where I am going with my Bronco. Does it have any kind of lift? I plan on running 31x10.50's on some slots but am trying to get the stance where I want it. Can you offer any details as far as suspension height? I am working towards a late '70's period build.

On another side note, what a f'n twat that guy is. Sounds like that guy may be in need of a long stay at a mental health facility.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Unbelievable - I saw this on CL the other day and now it makes sense. He really needs to get a life, and better attention to detail....you can see where it correctly shows "Bronco" in the sideways shot of the model leaning on the truck. Guess he couldn't photoshop that one.

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Wow - the balls on that knucklehead. Forget that it's just a D bag move, there must be some law against "selling" something that isn't yours on Craigslist.. (fraud)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Wow - the balls on that knucklehead. Forget that it's just a D bag move, there must be some law against "selling" something that isn't yours on Craigslist.. (fraud)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
May be falls under identity theft.

ame

This guy is supposedly in Bend, OR in case anyone from around there might know him or want to check him out.

Interesting, I live in Bend and often see ads on Craigslist from some professional Bronco restoration guy but could never find anything about the companies mentioned in those ads. Probably the same guy.