• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Barrett Jackson Broncos 2023

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Was anyone else annoyed with Steve Magnati calling Broncos a station wagon on TV?
Didn't get too annoyed at that one, because as mentioned they were called at least "wagons" back when, so "station wagon" is not too far out of line to set off my annoyment trigger.
And definitely not annoyed as much as I am at his constantly referring to the hard top as a "fiberglass" top that's "not meant to be removable, but can be..."
I did not hear the word fiberglass this time, but he's mentioned it during numerous auctions in the past.

Is it just me, or was it last year at the January/February auctions that the prices shot up? And the for the rest of the year they kind of stalled or came down, causing many discussions of the softening of the Bronco market?
Welcome to January!

Paul

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
I didn't get a chance to look at this truck closely last weekend but I did on Saturday and my goodness, what a hot mess. As soon as I looked at it closely, I realized it was a truck that was bid to $41K on BaT a few months ago. I was shocked to learn it sold for $66K yesterday. So much wrong with this truck, I don't even know where to start! Frankly, I don't think I'd want to operate this thing on a public road.

Original BaT listing:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-ford-bronco-101/

I have to say I've never seen a rear shackle flip like this on an EB before. And the S-shaped rear leafs are a nice touch.

Todd Z.
I want to know how this thing rides with rear springs like that! Wish I could have sent this poor sucker a link to the new Tom's rolling chassis, at least that way they wouldn't have to start all over again for a reliable build. 66k plus whatever it takes to get it correct is going to hurt for a while, hopefully they do what it takes to fix it right.

bigjhoov

nobody
I didn't get a chance to look at this truck closely last weekend but I did on Saturday and my goodness, what a hot mess. As soon as I looked at it closely, I realized it was a truck that was bid to $41K on BaT a few months ago. I was shocked to learn it sold for $66K yesterday. So much wrong with this truck, I don't even know where to start! Frankly, I don't think I'd want to operate this thing on a public road.

Original BaT listing:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-ford-bronco-101/

I have to say I've never seen a rear shackle flip like this on an EB before. And the S-shaped rear leafs are a nice touch.

Todd Z.
Looks like a Socks-n-Sandals special!!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In fact, just like last January/February too, the prices on most vehicles was way up. Even Camaros and Mustangs were pulling in double what they were just a few months ago.
And wow to the pre-'73 Chevy Blazers and pickups! Yikes! Where did that come from?
Yes, they've been strong all along, and most truck/suv stuff has been gaining ground on the Broncos for a long while now, but $150-$200k + on some of them? Wow!

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Aside from the drinking and the buyer's fever setting in, I wonder how many are trying to save some tax money by spending it first? Does a classic car count as a deduction of some kind for some people? Or maybe just getting rid of some cash reserves so it's not as obvious from the bank accounts?
Seems like one way to justify the big smiles and high-fives going around after spending multiple hundred thousands of dollars on a "crappy old truck" anyway.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Aside from the drinking and the buyer's fever setting in, I wonder how many are trying to save some tax money by spending it first? Does a classic car count as a deduction of some kind for some people? Or maybe just getting rid of some cash reserves so it's not as obvious from the bank accounts?
Seems like one way to justify the big smiles and high-fives going around after spending multiple hundred thousands of dollars on a "crappy old truck" anyway.

LOL you know it

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Not everyone made out like a bandit at the auction this year.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 100

FoMoCoBronCo

And surrounded by millions of dollars of cars and trucks, and my favorite of the whole show was this '66 V8 wagon (June build). A real poor quality paint job but I loved it anyway. Bench seat, vintage air deflector and a 3rd gas tank with the filler under the passenger's side of the seat ("honey, why does it always smell like gas in here?". I endured the wrath of a decrepit, elderly woman with a badge and a walker who chastised me for opening the door to take a pic of that gas cap.

I'll be there again next weekend if anyone needs more pics of a particular rig.

Your humble reporter,
Todd Z.
Hey Todd, I have existing screw holes in the back of my hardtop that appear to be very similar to the mounting points for the rear air deflector on this red bronco you posted. Only difference I can see is that this one has 3 mounting points and mine has 2. Any ideas what kind of rear air deflector mine could have had?

https://flic.kr/p/2opYxSW

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks more like a large basket, or safari rack was installed at one point.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ahh, nevermind. I was looking at that and wondering what you were talking about. The image appeared at first to be of the side of the top, not the back.
Now after staring at it for a few minutes, I see that it is indeed the liftgate as you were describing, and that your spare tire carrier is flipped around "ranch hand" style.
Still no idea what specific brand the bracket holes might have held at one point, or even if they were custom for something stolen off the back of a station wagon. But back in the day, lots of companies made air-deflectors for all sorts of vehicles. Including Broncos.

Paul

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Hey Todd, I have existing screw holes in the back of my hardtop that appear to be very similar to the mounting points for the rear air deflector on this red bronco you posted. Only difference I can see is that this one has 3 mounting points and mine has 2. Any ideas what kind of rear air deflector mine could have had?

https://flic.kr/p/2opYxSW
I really don't know. As Donk noted, there were a lot of different ones installed over the years (kinda like a wide variety of the luggage racks used) from various applications. When we got our Bronco in '81, it had a deflector mounted vertically on each C-pillar of the hardtop. Lots of interesting stuff used over the years.

Todd Z.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Today, Barrett Jackson, Vegas 2 bronco sold at 160k both Brittany blue and both had coyote motors too much body lift on one . One Bronco sold on BAT not a coyote sold for 160 K

Attachments

• IMG_2135.jpeg
    IMG_2135.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2137.jpeg
    IMG_2137.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2138.jpeg
    IMG_2138.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2134.jpeg
    IMG_2134.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Big Oly semi tribute they called it a 1971 bronco Steve Davis with Barrett Jackson said the owner is wanting to get about 300 K got 150 K not sure what happened to the front end maybe Todd Z will chime in about this off road vehicle

Attachments

• IMG_2139.jpeg
    IMG_2139.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2144.jpeg
    IMG_2144.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 27