• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Baumannator Mass Buy

OP
OP
69LUBR

69LUBR

Unless I'm missing someone, I count 9 total so far. Not sure if all 9 are still in. panteramatt was going to check on a Mustang forum to draw up some interest there. It would be nice to get another to get another price break...

Brad

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I was really hoping for 20. If we can wait to till the end of February, I bet most folks will have their tax money by then.

chuzie

Bronco Guru
69LUBR, this is your buy so setting the date should ultimately rest with you. I am willing to move forward at any time.

It began mid 8 December so maybe two months is adequate. I propose 8 February if there are no objections.

getfuzzy

I'm still on board, and open to what the group whats to do. I have the money, but also have the time. Good both ways.

Macmillan

Loc.
southern New Jersey
Opti shift

Excited that we have 9 buyers so far. I really think that you should resist the offer it is very hard to find on the site. I just told bronco ranch about it. Can you resist under mass buy or some other way that will Make it more visible then we can reach the next level and close this deal out.
Thanks Scott

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
Excited that we have 9 buyers so far. I really think that you should resist the offer it is very hard to find on the site. I just told bronco ranch about it. Can you resist under mass buy or some other way that will Make it more visible then we can reach the next level and close this deal out.
Thanks Scott

I think he was trying to say relist instead of resist???

chuzie

Bronco Guru
West coast broncos has agreed to jump in on the 4R mass buy with a crossmember.

The rate will be
10- $150
15- $125

with a $50.00 core.

WCB "Sandblasted the side plates will have welded nuts on them, so the frame will have to be drilled or plasma so the plate sits flush. "

Here are some pics if folks show interest, I will start a separate thread for it.

Also working on a Lokar shifter cable mass buy. More to come.

DSCF8031.jpg

DSCF8032.jpg

DSCF8033.jpg

DSCF8034.jpg

DSCF8035.jpg

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
West coast broncos has agreed to jump in on the 4R mass buy with a crossmember.

The rate will be
10- $150
15- $125

with a $50.00 core.

WCB "Sandblasted the side plates will have welded nuts on them, so the frame will have to be drilled or plasma so the plate sits flush. "

Here are some pics if folks show interest, I will start a separate thread for it.
QUOTE]

I would be interested in this.. I was going to look at my crossmember to see what I could do to make it work.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
chuzie, have you started that thread, i have some questions on the crossmember?

thx

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
looks like it is for a advance adapters tail extension only.I don't think it will work for the 4R70W. ford 4X4 or AWD tail extension.See my thread for some pics

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Alright fellas, what are we doing here? Are we going to bite the bullet and set a date? I don't want to have folks start dropping off but sure wouldn't mind seeing a few more.

OP
OP
69LUBR

69LUBR

I will call Kevin today at Baumann and arrange the dates. I'm thinking start date Feb 6 and end date on Feb 10. That gives 5 days for people to commit to the buy. If that sounds good to all, I will make it happen. I'm not sure what the customary mass buy time frame is so if someone is more open to longer or shorter time frame let me know. I'm open to other dates. I can buy now or later. I was hoping to get more steam on this... If I missed your name on the committed to buy list, let me know.

Brad

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Agreed! C'mon folks. What better to spend you tax return money (or lack thereof) than on a great deal like this? Let's jump on board.

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
I'd like to know a little more about the cross member. The link to the cross member mass buy does not work. I get a message that I don't have authorization to view it.

Can I bolt in the 4r70w using that cross member? Is there only one particular transmission end piece that works with that cross member?

I really want to do this conversion but I want to make sure I have all the right parts the first time around.

OP
OP
69LUBR

69LUBR

That crossmember is for the A/A adaptor to the Dana20. Advanced Adaptors posted a "How to" article sometime back. I am getting a copy of the info on how to redo your crossmember and will post it as soon as I get it. It is designed to clear the bottom of the adaptor by notching your current crossmember and widening the holes to fit the tail housing mounting bolt holes.