• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bc top

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Got a notice today my bc top is ready to ship. Wait time was 4 1/2 months. The wait wasnt a big deal to me but that's where they're at for delivery time. Now I hope it fits over my cage.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Outstanding.. look forward to seeing the pics...

I need a bronco worthy of it first lol

Lawndart

Loc.
Interested in the experience/installation - wiper motor, etc.
Wish they had a color closer to Wimbledon white. Their white is too white and the birch is too dark.

OP
OP
S

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Not sure when it will get installed. Might check the framework to see if it clears my cage. Mostly bought it for when I relocate knowing there would be a long wait. Not much need for a top here in so cal.

Lawndart

Loc.
I had plans on painting the frame to match my body color. I ordered the fabric swatches. Just haven't gotten past the color choices.

bchesley

The install is actually fairly easy. Go slow and double check doors as you go. I had to go back and adjust my door seals a couple of times to get them right. I added all new door seals at the same time too so that could have been the culprit. You will love your top.

Brad

la hi

What kind of top??? There website does not show any tops. I would like to find a top manufacturer.

77Bronco636

Eagerly awaiting pics Steve as I have pondered ordering one of these tops for my 75! I hope its all it supposed to be!! Can't wait for your feedback on it!!
Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Where you relocating to Steve? Cold in the winter by any chance?
If so, either put it inside to warm up first, wait for summer, or do it before you move out of CA!
If staying in the general region though, carry on...;D

Paul

OP
OP
S

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Eagerly awaiting pics Steve as I have pondered ordering one of these tops for my 75! I hope its all it supposed to be!! Can't wait for your feedback on it!!
Paul

They're nice quality tops. I've checked a few out on other rigs. After my kayline/stc tore and blew off on the highway I wasnt willing to buy either of the cheap soft tops offered for the bronco. Then these came out with thicker canvas and solid hardware. Chucks 1st version after the can back was way cool. You could run it as a bikini, full top or half cab. I forget why they simplified it to these. Probably cost. With that said I'm not sure when I'm gonna install it. I mostly bought it for when I relocate.

OP
OP
S

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Where you relocating to Steve? Cold in the winter by any chance?
If so, either put it inside to warm up first, wait for summer, or do it before you move out of CA!
If staying in the general region though, carry on...;D

Paul

Wherever I end up I'm sure there will be more weather than here. Hopefully I get ar least a year where I'm at so my daughter can finish high school where shes at. After that I'm weighing options. If I try to stay in Calif thout about east san diego, ventura or big bear but I haven't seen much with enough garage space in my price range without a hoa. I definitely dont wanna deal with that crap. Then there's 10% property tax to deal with. Out of state I've been looking near Nashville or up near reno/tahoe area.

OP
OP
S

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
C'mon man, color?

I think I ordered sand color figuring it will look good if I stay the stock goldish brown color but will match ok with most colors if I change. I still haven't figured out pics on here. I know I need to renew contributor status to post pics but I still couldn't get it to work.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hit that road. Explore somewhere else. TN is nice

Wherever I end up I'm sure there will be more weather than here. Hopefully I get ar least a year where I'm at so my daughter can finish high school where shes at. After that I'm weighing options. If I try to stay in Calif thout about east san diego, ventura or big bear but I haven't seen much with enough garage space in my price range without a hoa. I definitely dont wanna deal with that crap. Then there's 10% property tax to deal with. Out of state I've been looking near Nashville or up near reno/tahoe area.