• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BCB Racer ready

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Well it's ready to go to Baja. I hope. The racer is in Ca still and the crew put out a lot of work getting it ready and testing it. This year, as always, OHR will be supporting us along with teamendeaver/coach. You can see what is going on there www.oldhorseracing.com. This year Roxanne and myself will drive the first leg, Brother Wayne and his dauther Megan will run the 2ed leg and Patrick and Cory will finish in La Paz The changes to the racer this year include 35 spline axles, ARB in the rear and EFI. Also a new prototype track bar raise bracket.

Attachments

• webnumber943.jpg
    webnumber943.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 198
  • webnumber967.jpg
    webnumber967.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Looking good. When do we hear about the protype track bar raise bracket? After the race?

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
If it works it will become another BAJA proven BCB product. If it doen't work out I will have a better one next year.

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
You guys thought about putting a video together? Film some of the testing and parts of the actual race.
I'm sure there are others like me that will never get the Baja race experence first hand, espically in and EB and would love to see some of the inside workings.
Just a thought.

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
They are working on a web feed to update every 2 minutes to let you guys follow their progress.

cactushorse

This is just one more reason i buy my parts at BCB. Flippin awesome! Good luck. BTW got my parts today Thx

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Chuck - I know that last year your rig went on a big diet. Any weight loss this year? Can we expect a higher HP/Weight ratio?

I'll be listening in to the weatherman, post your truck # and those of us at home can cheer along for you.

Good luck to you, and Scott, this year is going to be an exciting race!

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Chuck - that's good news. I know last year you had a tough time dialing in the carb, so maybe the EFI will solve that problem! The experience for me last year was awesome! I know I am going to miss it this year! Can you have Baja withdrawls?

J.D.

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
They are running the Ford 9" they sell.
The carb problem turned out to be a kinked fuel line.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Cactus killer said:
They are running the Ford 9" they sell.
The carb problem turned out to be a kinked fuel line.

really? Well I'll be... Where was it kinked?

J.D.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
scsm76 said:
Chuck, are you running a std d44 or a HPD44 in the racer?
Best of luck at Baja!
The front end is a 9-44, 44 knuckles and ford 9" center. It's lighter, stonger and the diff is the same as the rear, 9+ with 456 gears.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Sac '68 sport said:
You guys thought about putting a video together? Film some of the testing and parts of the actual race.
I'm sure there are others like me that will never get the Baja race experence first hand, espically in and EB and would love to see some of the inside workings.
Just a thought.
We have video from the last couple of years but other than the roll it gets pretty boring after a couple of min. Scott and I will be recording this year also. In some of the video if you know what to look for you can tell that we are air born over and over. I think it woul be a lot more interesting watching from outside but by the time we start racing (around noon) all of the media has gone home or to the finish line. And by the time we get to the finish line everyone has gone home so video is hard to come by.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Maybe a little more HP. We went to EFI to fix the miss/power loss because we couldn't figure out what was causing the problem. When I pulled the fuel pick up tube there was a big knot in it. I am surprised it got any fuel at all. The picture below is looking into the tank at the pickup hose.

Attachments

• small3390.jpg
    small3390.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 103

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Gummi Bear said:
Chuck - I know that last year your rig went on a big diet. Any weight loss this year? Can we expect a higher HP/Weight ratio?

I'll be listening in to the weatherman, post your truck # and those of us at home can cheer along for you.

Good luck to you, and Scott, this year is going to be an exciting race!
Jason -- Chuck is 349, I'll be 302. Like the Catus Killer said (I just heard the story about that name by the way,,,lmao!), we should have near real time tracking so folks can watch the racers progress on the course with web browser. That's the theory, anyway.

Chuck -- Your truck looks awesome!! The pic of that racer on the cover of BD magazine inspired me to start this adventure, and it still inspires me! Thanks for all you do for the Bronco Brotherhood, and all the help you continue to give to me and my guys. See ya at the finish line!