• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BCB Racer ready

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
NicksTrix said:
lars, i've seen the light blue line used in press on fittings used inside fuel cells.
you might want to look into some of that should you don't want to hard line something.

Thanks Nick, is that the Gates or Eaton/Weatherhead stuff? Having just gone through routing aluminum line with AN fittings in my airplane's fuel tanks, I'm in love with that. Just have to support it so it can't vibrate. TZ used an airplane fuel line trick to create an all metal pickup tube in his tank. As fare as I'm concerned, anything you can do to avoid dunking fuel lines in fuel for the long term is a good thing. Just in case.

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
If I remember correctly, the WH in-tank high-pressure fuel pump system uses hose to connect the pump to the metal tube weldment. I installed it several years ago, going on 5+ years?. I wonder what the condition of the hose is like now. Sounds like a winter project.

Parker 221FR is marine fuel and engine hose. Rated for gasoline, ethanol blends, diesel, etc. The inner hose and outer hose are both synthetic rubber but I didn't see anything that says the outer hose is fuel rated. Parker has a separate Air and Fuel division but it appears to be focused on commercial jetliners. You could find your local Parker distributor and ask what hose is compatible with fuel, both inner and outer surfaces.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
coachbarnes said:
Dang kids get pretty tough when they are 3k miles away, huh Chuck ?? ;)
Yes they do. But this time he is right. I made my first track bar raise bracket 4-5 years ago and tested it in Moab. Had a little trouble with broken bolts so I changed it and put the new one on the racer. As you may know that one didn't work out either. The NEW one that is on the racer now I think will work out great but I can't see putting them out for sale without giving them a good test. My track bar raise bracket mounts on the inside of the radius arm.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
scsm76 said:
Will your bracket work w/ a 78-79 (cast ends) fullsize housing narrowed with a WAH?
What I am trying right now will work as it fits inboard of the wedge and outboard of the WAH

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
toddz69 said:
Which, BTW, we are officially calling the "Gary Yorston trac bar mount" since he's the one we borrowed the idea from.....

Todd Z.

Here....

Attachments

• GY track bar mount 4.JPG
    GY track bar mount 4.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 73

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
more trackbar mount

lars said:

Same angle AND same length (longer even?)! Now if that doesn't eliminate bumpsteer, I don't know what will. I think your rod end bushing is backwards. Shouldn't the chamfer be towards the rod end?

I copied Craig's track bar riser which is copied from your last one. Even used your solid model. Anyway, your last design (and most I have seen) raises the passenger side bump stop pretty high, so there's a big difference in suspension up travel between the two sides.

What would be cool is a radius arm cap with an integrated trackbar mount. It would be bolt on.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
gddyap said:
Same angle AND same length (longer even?)! Now if that doesn't eliminate bumpsteer, I don't know what will. I think your rod end bushing is backwards. Shouldn't the chamfer be towards the rod end?

I copied Craig's track bar riser which is copied from your last one. Even used your solid model. Anyway, your last design (and most I have seen) raises the passenger side bump stop pretty high, so there's a big difference in suspension up travel between the two sides.

What would be cool is a radius arm cap with an integrated trackbar mount. It would be bolt on.

Killed the bumpsteer dead. Same length, same angle as the drag link. Track bar is a piece of straight tube, no bends. Yep rod end bushing was backwards. Was mocking up something else at that point. Also to head off comments, the bolt in that pic was too short, corrected before the first test drive.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
gddyap said:
Anyway, your last design (and most I have seen) raises the passenger side bump stop pretty high, so there's a big difference in suspension up travel between the two sides.

That's what's so cool about Lars' mount. I have the same problem with my raised mount and the problem is exacerbated because I don't have a lot of lift (~3"). I plan on getting at least 2" more bump travel when I do Lars' conversion.

Todd z.