• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best 35" Tire

75Bronc

I'm uprgrading from 33's to 35's since my 2" body lift. Right now im running 33x12.50r15 pro comp mud terrains, they've done good for me, and wouldn't mind having them again. I am on the road quite a bit so i want something good for the road, but still aggresive enough to get the job done.
So here are the tires im looking at:
Pro Comp Mud Terrains (again)
Pro Comp Extreme Mud Terrain
BFG KM (if i could find them)
BFG KM2
Mickey Thompson MTZ
Dick Cepik Mud Country
Maybe even Pro Comp Extreme All Terrain, are these as aggresive as a normal mud terrain, or do they even compare?

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
I have the Pro Comp Extreme All Terrain on my wifes lifted Chevy. Nice ride and decent wear, we are on our second set. I got stuck in my yard, pulling out my lawn mower. Took a 4X4 tractor to get them out. Anyway they filled up with mud and would not clean. Other than that I like the square look of the edges and they seem to be a good tire. I also purchased a set of Mastercraft (both made by Cooper) All Terrains that are very similar for my Yukon and I like them very well and much cheaper. I have the KM2s on my EB but have not gone futher than the garage and driveway, yet.

cmatthews7

Loc.
Lake Placid
I know they are a little more money, but the Gooyear Wrangler M/T's have been great for me. I had them on my 74 and 77 and currently have them on my 3/4 ton diesel truck. Tirerack.com has some decent pricing. Good luck!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
All of those are good options, I would go w/the one that best fits your budget..

22213evl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rio Rancho N.M.
BF Goodrich have been berry berry good to mee. running the old mud terrains and have not had a single prob. the same with the last sevral sets of ats

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
BFGs for money vs. distance life span ;D

MTs and DCs are excellent looking tires but they dissolve way too quickly for everyday driving and offroard %)

I like the look of the Pro Comp, just dont know about them:-X

I have often wondered why Hoosier has never made a tall offroad tire....?:?

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I like my MTRs but they were mainly purchased because I had 15" wheels and wanted 37" tires. I've spoken to several guys who have gotten good longevity out of MTRs, however I really like the looks of the KM2s from BFG, and would have gone with them had they made the oddball size I wanted.

I can't say too much about my current set of BFG AT tires on my daily driver, I have punctured them more than any other tire I've owned, in normal street driving to and from work. They have worn extremely well but I can't get past the amount of punctures I've had...

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
The MTZs are good so far at about 9300 miles shown minimal wear. Gripped well in Alabama for the limited wheeling it saw. They arent silent, but they are reasonably quiet...as quiet, if not more so than my 31" MTRs were. They also have much, much better wet road traction than the MTRs.

Heard some problems from DonsBolt about his set of KM2s in 35"s...maybe they have worked it out. The KM2s are good looking.

I got a great deal on my MTZs a few years back...if you can hold out till one of the big 4WD shows comes to your area, you can practically steal new tires...my 35"s were shipped to my door for $125/each.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Aren't the Pro-Comps made by Cooper? You may want to add the Cooper SST and the Toyo Open Country M/T...my brother runs the 35 x 13.5 x 15 Toyo M/Ts on his Toyota and has gotten really good wear and performance out of them. They balanced fairly well for such a heavy tire and are surprisingly quiet for how aggressive they look. Aired down the do quite well off-road so long as you're not expecting comp sticky performance in the rocks and Interco TSL/Bogger performance in the mud.

ned72

Loc.
Truckee
you should check out the new BF Goodrich mud terrains they are almost exactly like the km2's. there pretty sweet, my buddy has them and drives quite a bit on the street and he says they are awsome

zeeman1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle
The TOYO's seem to wear too quickly for me. I've always loked the BFG's, they are quiet enough, and grip pretty well.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Before I found the screaming deal on my IROKs, I was going to get the Interco TrXus MTs. I have a couple of buddies that seem to like them.

carter2772

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
I used to run toyo mt's on my daily driver, 01 dodge 3/4 ton. I am always pulling something weather its a car trailer or enclosed, its something heavy. I also use 4 wheel drive often on job sites. I wore those toyo's out and went to buy new ones, i was happy with them and like how they look. When i priced them for new tires all 4 were close to 1400. I looked around and like the look of the pro comp xtreem mt's . Did research on them, and decided to give them a shot. I got them through 4wheelparts.com thier shop is local to me. They installed, and balanced, all 4 for 700 bucks. Granid they were on sale, i got like 30% off, but still, 4 tires that are similar to what i had before 4 half the cost.... Bonus!

I have put 20,000 hard miles on them, and i LOVE them! They wear excellent, ride very nice, and are not loud for a mud terrian. I highly recomend them, especialy because of the cost.

And yes they are made by cooper, or cooper is made by pro comp... That came up when i bought that last set.

chavis77

Loc.
sebring
I just got cooper sst 35x12.50 I lov them good ride not loud I'm running 20psi no bagging smooth I paid $200 a tire they pull good in the sand we need more rain in FL so I can try in the mud

68ford

Bronco Guru
bfg baja terrain the mud terrain tread pattern. like chuck uses on his racer. last a long time and NEVER damage a sidewall. :cool:

Louie

Bronco Guru
Any more thoughts on tires? I'm pulling the trigger on some tomorrow. Can't make a freakin decision %)

Oatmeal

Ok, my two cents! The best tires (in my opinion) for street/trail that I've ever run have been the TrXus M/Ts........they're plenty aggressive for the rocky trails I like to run (the sidewalls are pretty tough) and very smooth and quiet on the pavement. I have a set of old style 35" Kumho M/Ts on my DD Toyota p/u and have right around 100K on them and they still have plenty of tread left! I would get another set of those in a heartbeat but, they discontinued that tire:-[ Oh, and btw I've had MTRs, Procomps, Yokohomas, BFGs, Dunlops and a few other brands I can't remember:eek: so, I really am speaking from experience. Good luck on your tire search!--------Hans