• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best bang for the buck mod lately

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
The relay mod is by far one of the cheapest and easiest things you can do to improve lighting. I've done it to mine, and I will do it to all of my other "old" vehicles first off. Makes a huge difference, and cheap too!

Amac70

ME
try the link above for the cheap lights they come with bulbs and lens.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think Hella makes the lenses for sale also.
You need to search that yourself , as I don't know where the others are buying them.
Wildhorses sells the H4 lenses too.

OP
OP
av bronco

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
Just bought them off of ebay.... Hope they work as good as everyone says.

gotta do the relay mod, wont get the proper voltage-amprege to work right,plus you will fry the stock switch. there are two more wires coming off the headlight then your stock headlight, these are for the angel eyes, the white is ground and the red is hot, this is a low amp draw and can hooked without a relay(to a seprate switch-parking lights) also the center cap was not centerd- just pull out the bulb (dont touch the glass) and straghten out the center cap.

1970mule

Bronco Guru
I got these just for the cool angel eyes effect, if you dont like the bulbs they have in there just swap them out for what ever you want, simple as that.

BuffDragon

Loc.
CenTex
heaven help ya if ya get pissed an flash your lights thinking they're on hi-beams cause then they REALLY blind your azz!!! :eek:

then you, sir......do not have enough light on the front of your vehicle to "win" in that scenario ;D

I live in a neighborhood with a lot of HID lit cars. I drive a "taller" truck. sometimes a little missy in her beamer will flash me (not the good kind) because my headlights are even with her head. HID's are bright, but high beam PIAA's and KC daylighters are brighter....

msweb

Bronco Guru
then you, sir......do not have enough light on the front of your vehicle to "win" in that scenario ;D

I live in a neighborhood with a lot of HID lit cars. I drive a "taller" truck. sometimes a little missy in her beamer will flash me (not the good kind) because my headlights are even with her head. HID's are bright, but high beam PIAA's and KC daylighters are brighter....

LOL, I hear ya brother but if you look behind the grill of my daily driver, you'll see I'm equipped to fight back rather well and the one on the driver's side is carefully aimed ;)

My little rice burner on the other hand is ill equipped and I need to consider doing something about that...

Attachments

• Picture_0744r.JPG
    Picture_0744r.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 18