• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

best general and efi harnesses

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
So if I'm understanding correctly.

If I have the ron Frances harness. Wherever I go through the firewall will directly affect how much "tail" i have and ultimately how i can avoid the defrost ducts?

I don't have ducts now so I guess I need to get them b4 I start. I already had someone do my paint and body and when they put it back together they got left out. I don't know if it was because my aftermarket gauges are in the way. ? I refigured my whole dash . I hate to buy ducts if I can use them. How much are they in the way?
Typically, you make a hole in the firewall (per the harness instructions) for the rubber grommet that the Mustang style EFI harness travels through. Then you usually have enough tail of the harness that the ECU will sit on the heater box. To the right of the ducts, closer to the Passenger kick panel.
The Explorer EFI harness's tail is a lot shorter, so you have to mount it in a box through the firewall if I am following you correctly.
Pic is the last RF Mustang EFI harness I did on a 77 Bronco...

Attachments

• IMG_20170616_134132516.jpg
    IMG_20170616_134132516.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 10