• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best oil for 3 speed rat

reddog1898

Anybody that is still using a 3 speed what type of fluid are you putting into it? Are you also using the same fluid in your transfer case?

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I put 80/90 gear oil in my trans and rear end the other day and they work fine. My t-case calls for 50 weight oil, I'm guessing it's not around any more but the local parts house sells t-case oil I noticed

BOBS 2 68S

Loc.
Hudson, CO
I run 80/90 in all the drive train. Years ago I ran 50 weight in the t-case and it burned it up. An old off road racer that helped me learn Broncos said that 50w was to light and to run 80/90. Just my .02c

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I run 80/90 in all the drive train. Years ago I ran 50 weight in the t-case and it burned it up. An old off road racer that helped me learn Broncos said that 50w was to light and to run 80/90. Just my .02c

Maybe that's why they don't sell it no more!

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... I too have ran 75/90.in BOTH . BUT when I had Mystic in mine my Transfer case IT MAKE LESS NOISE.. I had a clutch put in ..one day before a hunting trip. I had to pay the guys at work to do it. But they jumped in on it. & really tried to do me a good job. . But they changed all my fluids . & Gave my Bronco a good once over. 2 Dodge Technicians jumped on it. But they put BG 75-90 in it ..It's never been as quite .. AS that Mystic was..