• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Biodiesel Bronco? Has anyone heard of such an animal?

PhorD

Loc.
Atlanta
In a never-ending attempt to procrastinate, instead of working I was thinking of projects. Does anyone know anything about a) diesel conversions on Broncos, and b) if anyone has gone the biodiesel route with a bronco?

Just wondering. If anyone has any resources/threads to suggest that would be great.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
There are 4 or 5 4BT conversions here on the board. I think the 4BT can run on the bio as well. If you punch in "4BT" in the search up on the top line you will find a few threads on it. I'll try and find a few links for you as well.

Here is one by High Pressure
And one by spennyluv
My buddy Scott had one as well but just sold it on ebay to a member on here.

pmctighe

I'm working on the first half (building a 4bt Bronco) once I finish it I will work on using bio fuel.

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Not running "Bio" yet (until the pump is dialed in).
Jon

Attachments

• P3010392s.jpg
    P3010392s.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm running biodiesel on my 24v, dodge 2500. Big thing to worry about is parts made with rubber. Biodiesel will eat rubber away making things leak. New diesels come with synthetic fuel lines or hard lines so you don't have to worry about them. But w/ older diesel, you need to double check. Edit: I like to add it's not just fuel lines. Injectors, ve/p-pump.

You should check out the straight veggie conversions. It a bigger hit on the equipments but you save in the long run. Save time a least. Look up frybrid or I believe grease car kits.

Eugene

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Not running "Bio" yet (until the pump is dialed in).
Jon

Nice pic Jon!!! Cant wait to have you out on the trails with the group up here! I really look forward to seeing it in action. I plan to do something similar (wont be diesel) like your Bronco truggy. Mine will be a bit more low budget though out of necessity ;D ;D ;D