• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake and Steering help needed

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Tim, Thanks man for the help. I would have never thought of that as the issue since my other bronco has them on that way. That seems to have been the cure for the majority of the problem. I have brakes now. I owe you a 12 pack.

Is it normal for there to be little pressure on the pedal in the first half and then a majority of pressure is in the last half of the depression stroke? There is also very little bounce back to the start position for the pedal after releasing it.

I'm just glad you're back on the road with brakes and I could help get you there. I did the same thing on my disk conversion 2 weeks ago and the great guys here helped me so all I'm doing is passing it forward/returning the favor........If ever in Conway, I'll share that 12 pack with you....

My brake peddle was a bit soft or so I thought till I took it out for a drive. The brakes are so good I hardley have to press the peddle at all. I have maybe an 1.5 to 2 inches of travel till it starts becoming stiff. I need so little peddle I've had to adjust my brake rod to lower the peddle.

As to rebound, well back to not having to use much peddle so there isn't much rebound. Also depending on the M/C you have, more/less peddle is needed due to the bore size so more/less rebound.

You could still have some air in the system if their real soft. I bleed the crap out of mine because I had an OH SHIT moment back years ago and never want that feeling again. heck, I even bleed the rears after I got the fronts sorted out just to be SURE.

Don't know it it makes any difference but i'm using the stock 74 drum/drum M/C with stock H block.

Tim