• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Daze Head Count!???

Bundy

Bronco Guru
Too funny. Jamie said she wasn't coming unless we had a room. I had already booked the room so not a big deal.

And ya Ill be there.

So you are bringing Jamie? Nice man... is there going to be a late night bar crew? Is there even a bar in that town?!

I'm so ready for this trip- got some boat speakers with tube clamps for the tunes, wiretec's disco LED rock lights for a night run and just need to tighten EVERYTHING up to make sure it stays attached.

...and I already have the beers on ice so they will be REALLY effin cold ;D

Oh and PS... I'm gonna win the grand price raffle again this year just so everyone knows... hopefully it's some extended arms or an EFI setup :eek:

OP
OP
matt w

matt w

Bronco Guru
Ping!...BTTT!....I took my new ice chest/water rack mount out for a test today at Drinkwater Flats...it did not fall off%) so that's a good sign!;D Cya in 2 weeks!

SDlivin

Loc.
San Diego
Another quick rookie question. Are there places to eat in Borrego Springs, or should we bring food and a grill?

There are places to eat. They have a small town with a couple restaurants, bars etc... The resort has a restaurant as well, if it's open.
Other then that just bring a cooler with lunch and drinks for whatever run you go on.

OP
OP
matt w

matt w

Bronco Guru
Another quick rookie question. Are there places to eat in Borrego Springs, or should we bring food and a grill?

BTw there is a place in town that makes a mean breakfast burrito...the wife is already asking about hitting the place!..And she wants to "split"!!%)??? Ya right! ;)

OP
OP
matt w

matt w

Bronco Guru
Lubed the drive shafts for the trip yesterday!...I think my Bronco was happy!;D

Bundy

Bronco Guru
Yes there is that killer mexican joint just before the traffic circle... the machaca was UNREAL! Granted I had drank about 50 beers the night before, but still!

I just put the safari top on so I won't be roasting nuts out there... also suckered the lady friend into going so I'm glad I got that room!

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
this year is definitely out for me :cry::cry::cry: the trip to texas this weekend wiped out my chances of going financially........ plus factor in i don't even have a tent to stay in, so noplace to stay out there.

SDlivin

Loc.
San Diego
this year is definitely out for me :cry::cry::cry: the trip to texas this weekend wiped out my chances of going financially........ plus factor in i don't even have a tent to stay in, so noplace to stay out there.

I can bring you a tent if you need, and I'm sure someone has space in one of those rv spots you could use.

-Robert

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
well, even if WE show up WE'LL be in the samurai. still, i really hate to mis this event. PM me your number and i'll keep you posted.

big jim

When are you guys planning on showing up? i was thinking friday afternoon but may see if i can get out thursday night.

Bundy

Bronco Guru
I'm rolling Friday mid-day and staying at the motel. I'm hoping to get some good practice runs in Friday afternoon and maybe some shenanigans in town Friday night.

Keep an eye out for this white devil

Attachments

• IMAG0719.jpg
    IMAG0719.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 25

cafyrman

Loc.
Poway, CA
Bronco Daze, eh? Hmmm.... I just got my '74 back on the road after a long time. While cleaning the truck out, I found a plaque in the glove box from Bronco Daze '98. Alas, it's too late to register for this year and my Bronc probably needs a lot more TLC before going out on the trail. Maybe I'll bring it up and hang around the campfire or something one evening.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Bronco Daze, eh? Hmmm.... I just got my '74 back on the road after a long time. While cleaning the truck out, I found a plaque in the glove box from Bronco Daze '98. Alas, it's too late to register for this year and my Bronc probably needs a lot more TLC before going out on the trail. Maybe I'll bring it up and hang around the campfire or something one evening.

Tim Solberg on So Cal Broncos has a registration he's not going to be able to use. He offered it up on SCB first but if nobody there takes it he said he'd offer it here next. If you want dibs I can put you in touch with him.

cafyrman

Loc.
Poway, CA
Tim Solberg on So Cal Broncos has a registration he's not going to be able to use. He offered it up on SCB first but if nobody there takes it he said he'd offer it here next. If you want dibs I can put you in touch with him.
Dusty, I'm just trying to get this rig straightened out after sitting for quite a while. I'm not 100% confident on it making the trip yet, so I'm going to hold off for now. I'll continue work on it for the next few days and see how it goes.

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Just broke out the Atlas while planning the trip...Dang, it's a long drive to Borrego Springs!! ;D;D We leave Wed. and should get there sometime Thurs afternoon. Looking forward to it. This will be my Broncos maiden voyage off pavement since her restoration a couple years ago...

OP
OP
matt w

matt w

Bronco Guru
just broke out the atlas while planning the trip...dang, it's a long drive to borrego springs!! ;d;d we leave wed. And should get there sometime thurs afternoon. Looking forward to it. This will be my broncos maiden voyage off pavement since her restoration a couple years ago...

very cool!!!;d

Mr Rags

Contributor
BTTT.......Just got the rebuilt t-case put in. Hopefully the 408 doesn't eat that one too. Got new trailer tires today as well. I can't wait to get out of town and do some wheeling. I am getting excited.

coachbarnes - There are 8 broncos coming from AZ. Most of us are leaving Phoenix Thurs. morning. If you would like to join a convoy, let us know when you will be blowing through.

Mr Rags

Contributor
Just noticed, you probably won't be coming through Phoenix on your route. We will be taking I-10. See you there!!