• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco experience/culture - from a newbie's perspective

JDog77

Loc.
Rockville, MD
I found my first Bronco. Some issues with steering. Figured that I'd need a new steering box to sort it out.

Got the Bronco, shopped steering boxes, and realizes how pricey they are.

I finally called Wildhorses to order one. The guy that I spoke to (can't remember his name) stopped me, suggested a few other things to check first. His thought was, rather than make an easy $$$$, he was looking to help out out a fellow Bronco owner. Sure enough, we fixed it without a new, expensive, steering box.

I'm starting to get impressed by the Bronco community. I had strong support and advice when buying. Then, strong support from a vendor. This is going to be fun...

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Top shelf people over there at Jim's barn if you ax me.;)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey great to hear JDog. Thanks for the positive shout-out.
Glad you had that experience, and glad too that you found a Bronco!

Guessing you've described it elsewhere since I see a few posts under your belt already, but I'll say welcome anyway and go check out to see if you've got pics of your ride.

You having fun with it so far? Well, other than the usual steering woes that is?

Paul

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Bronco people are the best. Glad to hear you've had a good experience too. Congrats on your Bronco and welcome to the brotherhood!

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Very rarely do we run into bad apples in the Bronco community. This is a great group of gear heads who will go out of their way to help others.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Most of our vendors are Bronco people and have been for a very long time. They also know the value to their buisness that having good employees who are Bronco people goes along way to keeping them in buisness. Just remember they are there for us so we must be there for them too when time comes to purchase those Bronco parts. As for our community we are more like a family than a bunch of seperate enthuiests. As family we have our disagreements, struggles and mixed words but for the most part we still respect each other. Allot of other sites dont carry this respect and those sites are a real struggle to participate in.
Welcome aboard and enjoy your new found friends.

72pabronco

Welcome Jdog.
Check out Mid Alantic Early Broncos(MEB). We are an east coast bunch of Bronco nuts. There are a lot of members in you area. Look us up online at www.earlybroncos.com

AZ69EB

Agreed to all the above post. That's the best part of owning a EB. We care and understand the dedication it takes to keep our old iron on the road.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Most of our vendors are Bronco people and have been for a very long time. They also know the value to their buisness that having good employees who are Bronco people goes along way to keeping them in buisness. Just remember they are there for us so we must be there for them too when time comes to purchase those Bronco parts. As for our community we are more like a family than a bunch of seperate enthuiests. As family we have our disagreements, struggles and mixed words but for the most part we still respect each other. Allot of other sites dont carry this respect and those sites are a real struggle to participate in.
Welcome aboard and enjoy your new found friends.

Couldnt have said it better Rusty! I'm still a Freshman Noob but I've learned a lot on this site already.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Won't find no better. Glad that worked out well for ya

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
These Bronco folks are amazing. I am proud to be a part of the community ...so much so that I feel it is important not to be mean to the idiots and dolts that ask stupid questions about my "Jeep", haha...I want to be a good ambassador of our "eb hobby". This site and our amazing vendors are a large part of that.

Jim & Paul (Donk) at WH
and especially "The Duff's" have nearly brought me to tears with their kindness and generosity.
I have never been a part of a more generous or humble community.

Welcome to classic Broncos, the finest damn folks on the planet.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Glad to hear about your great experience. Just wait till you start going to events, meeting all these people who I've met online or by phone has been awesome! I still and always will have a list of people I want to meet. I have a road trip coming up in Sept. hoping to check a few more brothers and sisters off the list.

Mark

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And speaking of which, Mark...
You going to make the Roundup next year?;D Figured I'd bust yer chops a little early, just to get into the swing of things.

By the way, where's the road-trip too in Sept? Any chance it's in CA and late in the month and can maybe roll into October? We've got our Bronctoberfest on the 7th this year.
It's much more casual than the Roundup. Mostly for swap-meet and fun loving types like that. Who knows... You and the missus might find a bunch of things you need to haul back down home.%)

Either way, have fun on your trip.

Paul

67RT

Bronco Guru
Hi, now you have the second one in Rockville that I know of (mine being the first). I am near Wootton HS. Good luck with your new truck and PM me if you need anything. Thanks, Pete

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
And speaking of which, Mark...
You going to make the Roundup next year?;D Figured I'd bust yer chops a little early, just to get into the swing of things.

By the way, where's the road-trip too in Sept? Any chance it's in CA and late in the month and can maybe roll into October? We've got our Bronctoberfest on the 7th this year.
It's much more casual than the Roundup. Mostly for swap-meet and fun loving types like that. Who knows... You and the missus might find a bunch of things you need to haul back down home.%)

Either way, have fun on your trip.

Paul
oooo ooooh I know:cool:
and I think you should tag along Paul

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
You picked the right place to start with your new EB! This site is full of some of the best folks you'll meet (even if it's just virtually), and those guys at WildHorses are top notch (along with some of my favs over at James Duff). Now get out there and drive that beast!