• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Newbie - Need Help

ATVBronco

I'm looking at a 69 w/302 body is nice shape, looks stock, engine not running. Some questions and need answers please: What is this worth? Has manual trans, floor shift, would it be a 3 spd or 4 spd? Is there anything that is a common malady with these models, certain rust areas etc. etc.? Overall it looks in fine shape, would be a decent builder, I'm not concerned about the engine not running. Thanks.

hlkilby

Loc.
Joplin,MO
Some Help. Maybe!

Before I bought mine I searched for months on E-bay and the internet to compare prices. You can find some deals for the $ 4000-5000 range.
I actually found mine on an early bronco website and it was close enough to drive and look at. Bought it that day.

Good Luck!

Dr. Awsome

Loc.
Provo
as for the price it all depends on where you live personally i'd say if it's not running it's worth about 500-1500. But it all depends on what your willing to pay for it.
It would be a 3 speed.
And as for rust it's the same on all EB's all the lower kick pannels will rust. The top of the inner fenders going into the engine compartment and sometimes the tailgate from what I can tell.
All in all it sound like a pretty good rig but I would be very carful when inspecting it. If possable find a local bronco guy and take him/her with you. I bet the first one you call would be willing to help out.

OP
OP
A

ATVBronco

Too bad the thing is so far away from my location, now I wish I had taken more time and looked it over a little closer. I didn't see any rust and from what I can remember, it had stock chrome bumpers, and like I said the body looked mint, can't remember about the interior - it's a 1/2 cab model.

sellers69

Loc.
Durango, Colorado
Being that its a half cab its gonna be worth more. There are so many variables it would be imposiable to put a price based on the describtion you gave above. I would take the others advice and start searching EBay.

OP
OP
A

ATVBronco

These are the facts: Body excellent - this I do know, engine doesn't run - I really don't care, these are assumptions: running gear good, everything else works. Tires good etc. Does this help narrow it down? What would be a price range? I've checked ebay etc, but just wanted to hear from you guys who are in the know.
Thanks.

Brewbro21

What area are you in? Broncos along with everything else are going for a lot more in places like Cali, Ariz, Colo, etc... Also how sure are you there is no rust? You can hide rust very easy, bondo, certain paints, etc... A rust free bronco is very hard to find, and if one is truly rust free and it is for sale you're looking at one of the higher priced ones.

Let us know where you're at and then we will be able to chime in a little easier. Also look to ebay to see what others are selling them for.

If you find one like you said you did, it will probably be over $8000 depending on if the seller knows what they have and how quick they need to get rid of it.

Brewbro21

Also engine not running with these things aren't going to lower the price much, because anyone get these things running with very little work, in most cases, blown motor etc...

OP
OP
A

ATVBronco

Thanks for the input, I realize there are a lot of assumptions here, but as long as we're just "ballparking", is there some sort of minimum or baseline that would indicate a good deal? Is it worth 3k or 4k or 2k or ?
Sorry for beating this one to death, just want to get some direction if to buy or not, like my post indicates Newbie.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
We still don't have enough data. It could vary greatly depending on exact condition and location. If there is hidden rust (floorpanels, underhood, etc.) then one that isn't running would go for around $800 - $1200 arond here. Around New York it would probably get more like $2500. Take away all the rust and that might increase it to more like $2500 to $3500.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Let me try and help. Here in N.Y. we don't find rust free broncos EVER. If you want a semi rust free truck you are going to pay the price. I paid $2000 for a bare tub ( with front cut off ), a tailgate and windshield frame. I was very happy paying two grand and it sure as heck wasn't running. Others here are a lot more fortunate, they find rust free for a thousand dollars running. The price you pay doesn't matter if that is what YOU are willing to pay.

If you buy a rusty truck even a running one for $1000 but you have to spend a couple thousand dollars for aftermarket sheetmetal and labor you just don't win. Think about this... check e-bay for parts. There are people willing to pay $800 for a pair of rust free doors, $300 - $400 for a real nice grill, etc., etc.

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky

There are other things to consider as well. A 1969 will most likely have a dana 30 instead of a dana 44 in front. It's weaker but for a street eb it will be ok. Also no disc brakes in front but you can convert it but that adds $$$. Prolly have a small bearing rearend too but no big deal either for a street bronco. Does it have ps? Prolly not so you will prolly want to add that as well. The 3 speed tranny would prolly also be something you would want to replace down the road. But if you really want one and you especially want a half cab and it is pretty sound body wise with little rust you will prolly buy it no matter what the price. :>) Good luck.