• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco SS 4 years and counting!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Spent the day working on wiring, cutting the holes for the rear marker lights and decided not to re-install the windshield Washer posts on the hood, used Allen head Stainless bolts to fill the hole, in case I ever change my mind, but the way I look at it, if the windshield is dirty I need to stop and wash it!
After I got back to the house I found out what I am doing tomorrow!!

DSCF0025Medium.jpg

DSCF0027Medium.jpg

DSCF0028Medium.jpg

DSCF0029Medium.jpg

DSCF0030Medium.jpg

DSCF0032Medium.jpg

Went old school with the gauges as you can see, now to decide on a layout, all I am sure of is they will be on the right side of the steering wheel.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Don't know if you coverd it already, but what are those seats out of?

Out of a Ford Probe, they are quite comfortable. Just had to do a little fabrication to the Probe seat tracks and they went right in, Of course I am not sure how they would line up with the stock mounting holes.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Wow I slept late today, Time for some bacon,eggs and grits, then off to hopefully get the gauges installed.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Rev, that paint color turned out awesome. I really like the silver flairs/grill with the blue.

Ohio Bill

Loc.
Riverside, OH
I'm a guy that likes RED since I have more than 2 that are red.........but the blue on your rig is freakin awesome......sweet! job man.

Keep us posted on your progress.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Got some mechanical things out of the way today, and started the fuel tank fabrication, and got the layout for the gauges done, and while I was turning her around I got a shot in the sun!

Ben, I am attaching the paint chart from Matrix, But it is called Galaxy silver, and the blue is Hi Lite Pearl Blue.

Attachments

• DSCF0030 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0030 (Medium).JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Matrix Color Card Final.jpg
    Matrix Color Card Final.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
OK Getting a little excited, The care package from TheBroncoRanch left Ellenwood Ga. about an hour and a half ago, I might see it tomorrow!!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Poking around youtube this morning looking at 300 six stuff (thanks NGA) and ran across this one, I likes it!!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YyxZqWRYn24&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YyxZqWRYn24&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
May 7, 2010 6:57 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery

So today I will have my windshield frame!! And all the lights and lenses. def. "Rolling Faster now!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Well the FedEx man arrived a few minutes ago with my care package from Tom @ TheBroncoRanch, all the lights, and windshield frame arrived,
It was very apparent that the box had been dropped that held the windshield frame as a piece of the rain gutter was sticking out of a crushed corner, Opened it up thinking the worse, Broken Glass, but the glass was in tact. Whew!

Got a little work to do on the frame, but not bad, and nowhere near as bad as the one I had. Only thing I did not find was a BroncoRanch sticker.....

And how fitting, the windshield frame is Orange!!

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
[/And how fitting, the windshield frame is Orange!!QUOTE]

It must have been meant to be. Is the bottom edge of the other windshield still useable? I want to raise my windshield and need just the bottom section with the threaded inserts in it.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
And how fitting, the windshield frame is Orange!!{/QUOTE]

It must have been meant to be. Is the bottom edge of the other windshield still useable? I want to raise my windshield and need just the bottom section with the threaded inserts in it.

Nope, the other one it rotted away. But I got a trick for you when i get down there next weekend. I will get with you when i get back there.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
long thread and it might have already been asked but what is the car in the background a chevelle or gto?

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Spend the day repairing the windshield frame, the lower edge was rotted in the center, and there was a hole rusted thru on the right upright at the bottom, it had rusted thru from the outside as once it was cut open there were no signs of rust on the inside. Also removed the side rails, they will be replaced with stainless;D. Primer will go on it tomorrow and the inner quarters and rear wheelwells will be bedlined tomorrow.

Here is the repair on the rusted thru hole.

Before
DSCF0044Medium.jpg

After
DSCF0045Medium.jpg

and the bottom edge after it was repaired with fresh metal
DSCF0050Medium.jpg

markperry

Bronco Guru
Looks great Rev, and I'm sorry my FedEx brothers dropped or damaged your windshield frame! Probably our ground guy's:cry: