• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco SS 4 years and counting!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
No biggie as the rain rail was coming off anyway. Repairs to the rust on the ws frame done and in primer. Bedliner is sprayed. Pics later,on my phone right now.

And hear I may have a visit this week from a Bronco brother

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Got alot done today, started off completing the repairs on the windshield frame, and got it in primer.
54.jpg

The lower part where the hinge is connected was rotted pretty bad, but I think we did a great job replacing the rusty metal with non-rusty metal.
56.jpg

Then I wrapped Chipper up for the last time and sprayed the bedliner in the areas of the bed that were not painted, wheelwells and inner quarters.
53.jpg

52.jpg

51.jpg

Then as a bonus, got 4 of the 5 holes in the dash for the gauges.
55.jpg

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Hope to have paint on the windshield frame today, Shocks are "Out for Delivery" from Big Brown. Now if I can just get the hole in the dash for the speedo everything will be good!

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
Looking Great Rev!!!! I knew you could fix up that frame without a problem:cool: Let me know when your going to be up my way.

Tom

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Thanks Tom, And the Orange windshield is now Blue!! Got the hole cut for the speedo, took 2 hours, but it is done, got my front shocks, rears on backorder. Going to pull a late night tonight getting the gauges in, headlight switch in, and wiper switch. Before bed tonight I hope to only be waiting on Fuel tank, Windshield, rear shocks, and finish up the lights.

Cannot install windshield till I catch up with a West Coast Spy!! But looking real good for a Wednesday afternoon test drive!!!

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Man your really getting close now. I know your looking forward to that first real test drive.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Front Shocks-Done!
IMG00380-20100510-1838.jpg

Gauges mounted in dash, took a while as I had to fabricate the mounting brackets.

IMG00382-20100510-1936.jpg

Windshield Frame- Painted!
IMG00378-20100510-1206.jpg

Bronco Insured-DONE

Pics were from Cell Phone so yea they suck!

grant_71

Bronco Guru
Looking great, I just had to catch up on 4-5 pages since I was actually in the sunshine state for the last week or so. I do no know how you guys can work in that heat...

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Looking great, I just had to catch up on 4-5 pages since I was actually in the sunshine state for the last week or so. I do no know how you guys can work in that heat...

And we have no idea how you ever get out of bed when it -whatever* outside in the winter. And just think it's not even hot to us yet, it's just starting to warm up a little.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Had to take an Obligatory day off from chipper to help my Uncle drive south to start bringing his "Stash" up here to the shop in the woods. Was a good trip, and I have a great Uncle, on the way to pick up some of his goodies he let me know that he was going to give me the Bronco that he had down there. He knows how to make me happy.. So now Chipper will eventually have a companion in the Stable!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Picked up the tank this morning, could not be happier with it.

IMG00390-20100512-0827.jpg

Then it was off to meet up with Tito. Funny of all the guys to come to the shop in the woods to turn a wrench or two Tito is the one to show up From California, WTF?
Great to meet the legend that is known as TITO AKA, The man in Pink!!

We got the marker lights on
DSCF0054Medium.jpg

The rear shocks on.

DSCF0052Medium.jpg

Thanks for the help Tito, Hope I can repay you one day. After we dropped Tito off so he could get back to the boss we started on the tank install.

DSCF0045Medium.jpg

DSCF0044Medium.jpg

DSCF0046Medium.jpg

DSCF0047Medium.jpg

DSCF0041Medium.jpg

Still have to polish up the welds, but the guys did a great job on it. Still have to fab the strap to hold it in, Finish up the headlights and front turn signals, Windshield frame and glass, and the dash wiring. If all goes well I should be driving it tomorrow night.

Before Tito left, he gave me a gift.

DSCF0049Medium.jpg

bax

Contributor
Old Member
That tank looks super nice. Way better than the other one we were commenting on. Glad Tito was able to learn you some.