• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco SS 4 years and counting!

Crewwzin

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Freeport, Fl
.jpg[/IMG]
Still have to polish up the welds, but the guys did a great job on it. Still have to fab the strap to hold it in, Finish up the headlights and front turn signals, Windshield frame and glass, and the dash wiring. If all goes well I should be driving it tomorrow night.

You really should look into doing it like BC has their 23 gallon tank mounting setup. It uses unistrut!!!!

instigator

Tito, I sure was glad to meet you today and thanks again for the Bronco shirt. I hope that you enjoyed your visit and to see how some work is done on the east coast.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Forgot the most important pic of the day, She not only has insurance, she has a tag!!
IMG00392-20100512-1152.jpg

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
HAHAHA!!

Well will have my windshield hinge either tomorrow or Monday, SOOOOOoooooo

5 years of waiting, what is another 3-4 days.

Got the gauges wired, Headlights in, tank is 100%. Was not in a mood for pics today.

instigator

I'm almost finished with this project and " The Cruiser". I'm now looking for my next adoptee. I'm taking applications now.;)

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Dang, getting kicked to the curb so quick, Hate to break it to you but your still going to have to deal with me, just not every day.

And for today, finish up the lights, and gauges, hope to toss some gas in, and hit the hard road for a few miles even without a windshield, But here is hoping that a delivery truck shows up earlier than expected.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
yesterday afternoon took her out on the first real test drive, recorded 10 miles on the odometer.
Rear end- nice and quiet
Trans/T-case- remarkably quiet, shifted with ease.
Steering- very responsive, almost to responsive with the 4 turn box
Engine- Duh it's a 300, ran nice and smooth- Carb does need some minor adjustments

Overall very happy, just need to set the toe in and should be good to go. Prior to the test drive got the lights working, still not on a switch, picking that up today. Windshield hinge will be here Monday, she will be ready to head home Monday night, going to trailer her to the glass shop for a new windshield, then behind the wheel I go.
Brake lights- good
running lights- good
flashers- good
turn signals- WTF, Bad turn signal switch in the column, easy fix.

Again James, thank you for you time, patience and knowledge, but most of all for being yourself, working with you on this has been great!

And a pic 5 miles from the shop at Mom and dad's house.

Attachments

• IMG00404-20100514-1626.jpg
    IMG00404-20100514-1626.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Turn signal issue solved!
Windshield framer installed working on headlight and wiper switches

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I have to say Thank you Uncle James! You made this possible!

Today was the day I have been looking forward to since March 5th 2005. I now have a new Bronco. Yes there are still Items to button up, Tailgate, roll Cage, and a few little tweaking items to look at but she is ready to Roll Out!
The day started with a turn signal issue, Problem solved, oops wrong blue wire.-DONE
Then installed LED indicator lights for the turn signals, and High Beams-Done
James walks around the corner with a long tube that was just delivered, Windshield hinge-DONE
Made a small bumber to hold the tag till I decide what bumper style I want to go with. Got the headlight switch in and the wiper switch.

Final1Medium.jpg

Final3Medium.jpg

Final4Medium.jpg

Final5Medium.jpg

Final6Medium.jpg

Final7Medium.jpg

The Journey has been long, The Experience Priceless and The Memories will last forever,

I enjoyed every minute wrenching with James, An going to miss the daily grind, but will return to help him with whatever project he gets into. I am indebted to him for life!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
So did you drive it home? You should be very proud of what you all did.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
The last pic is at my parents, I drove it there tonight, headed to the shop in the morning, loading it on a trailer to take it to Central Florida, to the glass shop, Windshield is waiting!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Very good, drive it to my house to pick up the grill trim.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
My friend, you and James have done a hell of a job!! It's even more amazing the circumstances you have overcome to get to this point. I'm sure you are and should be very proud of your Bronco!! I sincerely hope you get many, many years of enjoyment and pleasure out of it. I can't wait to see it in person!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You just re-enforced my thoughts to go w/silver-grey flares.. Looks Great man, and glad its going good