• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Temp Problems

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
From what little you told us about you problem it is hard to tell. My guess would be air trapped in the cooling system.

With the truck cool, take of the radiator cap, and start the truck up. Let it run untill it comes up to temp, and see if it burps any air out of it.

OP
OP
B

bdrake1

Loc.
texarkana
I Do Not Have A Shroud.the Bronco Has A New 190 Thermostat And A Cleaned Out Radiatior.it Does Not Have A Blown Head Gasket It Takes It A Little While To Get That Hot.but If You Kill It When The Temp Is Up It Does Not Want To Start Until It Cools.what Can I Do?waterpump,shroud,rebuild?

maws75

Put a shroud on mine and lowered my rad.because i had skipped that during the body lift, now it runs at .180 all the time

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Shroud and get a mechanical guage to at least check against the stock guage. There's always the possibilty of the thermostat being bad.

musetech

Loc.
Alexandria
Ignition timing can have a huge effect on temps.

Get a shroud...a metal one...see pic of melted JBG shroud after sustained 230 degree temps. THEY TOOK CARE OF IT NO QUESTIONS ASKED...I was running hard.

Most guys, correct me if I'm wrong, run close to 200F.

Flex fans do wear out over time.

Electric fans are a bitch to mount unless you do hood latch mods etc. but most say it was worth it.

Ducting/sealing/routing airflow pays off big time if you are a slow speed wheeler in hotter climates.

If all else fails, run an oil cooler with fan or move to a cooler climate.

Best of luck,

J.D.

Attachments

• Melted shroud 1 compact.JPG
    Melted shroud 1 compact.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 23