• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bronco valve body work

lil sinister

ok i just was told to take apart and clean the valve body on here and so i dropped the pan and as i was removing the filter another peice fell out with it. can someone tell me what this is. is it bad that it just fell out. and where it goes??????:?
valve1.jpg

valvetopview.jpg

valvebottomview.jpg

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Throttle pressure limit valve. There should also be a spring. The tab on the side of the filter holds it in the valve body.

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 46

cs_88

Bronco Guru
Yes the filter is the only thing holding it in place.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
That is funny! The reason being that the same thing happened to me this weekend. (It's the filter screen that holds that in not the valve body.) This is precisely why I hate doing something I have not done before on a vehicle. There are always "gotchas", some bad, some just funny. But nobody seems to think it important to mention them!! This one could have been bad.

I too was removing the filter when something dropped into the oil pan. It wasn't until I was crawling out that I happen to see that little piece sitting in the pan with all the gasket shavings and wondered what the heck it was. So I got out my factory manuals, and sure enough, the details on the C4 mention it. And they mention "Don't lose the spring that goes with it." Then alarm bells go off. I never saw any spring! So back to the oil pan and fishing around in its murky depths I find this spring that I had never seen before in my life.
Here's the thing: Absolutely none of the C4 service instructions for changing the atf say one word about that little gotcha. Fortunately my experience turned out o.k.. But that could have been a real show stopper.